    for those who have spent their own money and are still
    looking for jobs or increase in pay...

    Wake up, complain, and learn LINUX!!!

    Johnny Yi, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Then go learn Linux! If you in this for the free stuff then your in the
    wrong place. Hard work and persistence is what earns you money.. You want
    it? Then go for it! just don't sit and complain that you aren't getting a
    freebie. Those people that paid their own way should be felt sorry for.
    Those individuals have taken personal initiative to move themselves up in
    the industry. Yes thousands of people are without employment and for that it
    sucks, but to equate that with a certification as a waste of money is just
    plain ludicrous.

    As for the benefits Microsoft does give? Well there are plenty, not to
    mention the fact several companies give benefits that are not listed on the
    MCP website. But I will say if your only certified to "get yours" then you
    got certified for all the wrong reasons.

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 18, 2005

  3. Johnny Yi

    catwalker63 Guest

    What about those nifty lapel pins? Huh? Forgot those didn't ya?

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Jan 18, 2005
  4. :) Oh yeah those too. They make good Tie Pins.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 18, 2005
  5. Johnny Yi

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    @discussions.microsoft.com> prattled ceaslessly in news:#7ZLR7P$EHA.2012
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    >:) Oh yeah those too. They make good Tie Pins.

    I use mine for push pins. <g>

    catwalker63, Jan 18, 2005
  6. >How many have upgraded there certs from NT4 to Win2k to
    >Win2k3 and got their 4%+ raises or bonuses? :<

    who cares.

    >Why is Microsoft not giving MCSE benefits like free
    >Technet subscriptions for working our ars on constantly
    >upgrading our skills???

    because they don't care? microsoft are a company in a capitalist
    world, to survive they need to keep on making more and more money. So
    in a nutshell, there is no cost benefit for them to 'encourage' people
    to become mcse etc, because so many all ready are and even more will
    become so in the future.

    >We don't even get a free T-shirt out of it.

    what about the chick magnet?

    > I feel bad
    >for those who have spent their own money and are still
    >looking for jobs or increase in pay...

    i don't feel bad, i think it's real funny. If people are that stupid
    to waste their *own* money that's their problem no one else's.

    >Wake up, complain, and learn LINUX!!!

    *you* certainly need to wake up and realize that complaining will not
    do anything. Learning Linux might help though, the more you know and
    all that....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 18, 2005
  7. >Those people that paid their own way should be felt sorry for.
    >Those individuals have taken personal initiative to move themselves up in
    >the industry. Yes thousands of people are without employment and for that it
    >sucks, but to equate that with a certification as a waste of money is just
    >plain ludicrous.

    it is a total waste of money! What point is there in gaining a
    certification which certifies nothing and means nothing without real
    world experience? These people are stupid if they waste their own
    money in trying to achieve something which in all likelihood will gain
    them nothing. Still, it's not my money so let them waste it how they
    please.

    Sure there are many people out there who are unemployed, but these
    people should be asking themselves 'why am I unemployed?', because
    despite what people may say there is still a shortage of *skilled*,
    *experienced*, *highly trained*, *professionals* within all areas of
    IT, including network/security/systems/database administration.

    In many cases these unemployed people are lazy and/or not very good at
    their job (what role that may be). Many people would not consider
    moving location, retraining or taking a [perceived] cut a salary to
    keep employed. For those people, they get what they deserve. People
    today believe they should have everything given to them on a plate,
    well that simply won't cut it in the real world; as you said 'Hard
    work and persistence is what earns you money', and the world totally
    agrees with you.

    What is 'ludicrous' however, are the amount of adverts from bootcamps,
    'practice test providers' promising the glory days if you get
    certified. These 'companies' prey on the weak and exploit their
    [false] hopes, but still let them, 'cos who cares.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 18, 2005
  8. Johnny Yi

    billyw Guest

    but but but.. i dont want to be highly trained i just want to be a rich
    idiot...
    hmmmm if that happens can i become president?

    billyw, Jan 18, 2005
  9. >but but but.. i dont want to be highly trained i just want to be a rich
    >idiot...
    >hmmmm if that happens can i become president?

    Sure no problem. We can also throw in free (that's right, FREE) rocket
    trips to the moon as well!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 18, 2005
  10. Johnny Yi

    billyw Guest

    hmm.. just the moon.. cheap-skate

    billyw, Jan 18, 2005
  11. Johnny Yi

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in news:#7ZLR7P$EHA.2012
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    >:) Oh yeah those too. They make good Tie Pins.

    I've started a collection (I think I have about 15 of the suckers, but
    the old ones are nicest) and they are cool chick magnets. My wife tells
    me so (I don't understand why she's laughing at the time)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

    Neil, Jan 18, 2005
  12. Neil wrote:
    > did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    > @discussions.microsoft.com> say in news:#7ZLR7P$EHA.2012
    > @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> :) Oh yeah those too. They make good Tie Pins.

    > I've started a collection (I think I have about 15 of the suckers, but
    > the old ones are nicest) and they are cool chick magnets. My wife
    > tells me so (I don't understand why she's laughing at the time)

    Funny... I collect Pie Tins.

    --
    Fris "Frisbie's[1] Pie Tins, of course" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    [1] The original spelling, from which Wham-O stole the name.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 19, 2005
  13. Johnny Yi

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Frisbee® <> say in news:u9mAHii
    $:

    > Funny... I collect Pie Tins.

    I collect lapel pins

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Visit www.mcngp.com for another reason to get your MCSE

    Neil, Jan 19, 2005
  14. Johnny Yi

    Jtyc Guest

    > I collect lapel pins

    I collect dust.

    Jtyc, Jan 19, 2005
  15. Johnny Yi

    kpg Guest

    >> I collect lapel pins
    >

    > I collect dust.

    I place collect calls.

    kpg, Jan 19, 2005
  16. Johnny Yi

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:%23NUBnOl$,
    kpg <> rambled:
    >>> I collect lapel pins

    >> I collect dust.
    >>

    > I place collect calls.

    I collect call girls.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Please to be click www.mcngp.com. Rgs!

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 19, 2005
  17. Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > In news:%23NUBnOl$,
    > kpg <> rambled:
    >>>

    >>> I collect dust.
    >>>

    >> I place collect calls.

    > I collect call girls.

    I call girls collect.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 19, 2005
  18. Johnny Yi

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Frisbee® <> say in news:OWdPqUl
    $:

    > Ken Briscoe wrote:
    >> In news:%23NUBnOl$,
    >> kpg <> rambled: