    2000 or 2003?

    Thanks,
    Darrel
    Dara, Dec 10, 2003

  2. There is no upgrade path from the NT 4.0 cert to W2K or 2003 cert. That
    means your only avenue is to take all 7 tests for either W2K or 2003.

    What do you mean by important?

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    "Dara" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have an MCSE 4 with TCP/IP and exchange 5.5 as an elective. What
    > would be the best avenue for upgrading to MCSE 2003. How important are

    MCSE

    Politician Spock, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Dara

    Dave Guest

    It's 6 exams if you already have MCSE on NT4. The MCSE counts as one
    elective.

    "Politician Spock" <> wrote in message
    > There is no upgrade path from the NT 4.0 cert to W2K or 2003 cert. That
    > means your only avenue is to take all 7 tests for either W2K or 2003.
    >
    > What do you mean by important?
    >
    > --
    > Politician Spock
    > MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    rights.

    Dave, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Dara

    **Net Bum** Guest

    Not completely true.
    If you read the W2K3 requirements you'll see that you have to pass
    only 6 exams because MCSE NT 4.0 counts as an elective.
    Thus, you have to pass 4 core, 1 client and 1 design exam.

    **Net Bum**

    **Net Bum**, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Dara

    Dara Guest

    What I mean by important is do they help you to get a better job, my last
    mcse 4 didn't help me at all.

    Dara, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Dara

    **Net Bum** Guest

    Most companies which need to upgrade from NT4.0 will upgrade to W2K3.
    I expect that professionals with W2K or W2K3 certification will be prefered
    because these two products are not very different. And, you'll also need at
    least
    some experience on W2K.

    If you need to stay in this proffesion you'll have to upgrade your
    certification.
    But don't expect any help from Microsoft. The jobs will present themselfs if
    somehow we come out of the global crisis in ICT. Then high skilled and
    properly
    certified people will get them first!

    **Net Bum**

    **Net Bum**, Dec 10, 2003