    requirements?

    Thanks,

    Don

    Don, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Don

    catwalker63 Guest

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

    catwalker63, Feb 18, 2005

  3. Don

    Syncme Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
    > exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
    > does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
    > requirements?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Don

    You can find the requirements here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/nt.asp

    AFAIK it used to list w2k (210) as a client option but no longer.
    It still mentions it in the text but not in the list (perhaps this is
    changing)

    Syncme, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Don

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Don" <> say in

    > Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
    > exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
    > does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
    > requirements?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Don

    from http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp

    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) candidates on the Microsoft
    Windows® 2000 track are required to pass seven exams or the equivalent
    that include the following:

    Core Exams (5 Exams Required)
    Four operating system exams. Candidates must pass one exam from each set
    of operating system exams—client operating system and networking
    system—in the table that follows.
    One design exam. Candidates must pass one exam that provides proof of
    expertise for design skills for specific Microsoft server technologies

    The elective exams provide a valid and reliable measure of technical
    proficiency and expertise in solution design and implementation. MCSE
    candidates should also have at least one year of experience implementing
    and administering a network operating system, implementing and
    administering a client operating system, and designing a network
    infrastructure. Individuals who earned the MCSE certification on Windows
    NT® 4.0 by February 28, 2001 remain certified. To learn more about
    changes in the certification policy, see the Microsoft Enhances Its
    Certification Program page.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Anything preying on your mind would starve to death.

    Neil, Feb 18, 2005
  5. Don

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in news:037201c515a8
    $52c10e40$:

    > Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
    > exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
    > does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
    > requirements?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Don

    if you are an MCSE on NT, shouldn't you know by now where to get that
    information?

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Feb 18, 2005
  6. Don

    Guest Guest

    I know where to find it, but I don't think the explanation
    is very clear. The W2K3 requirements clearly state that
    the elective requirements are satisfied by the MSCE
    certification on NT4.

    I know almost for sure that it does, but just wanted to
    souble check.

    >$52c10e40$:
    >
    >> Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
    >> exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I

    mean,
    >> does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
    >> requirements?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Don

    >if you are an MCSE on NT, shouldn't you know by now where

    to get that
    >information?
    >
    >--
    >Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    >http://www.mcngp.com/
    >"Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat

    Smegma!"

    Guest, Feb 22, 2005
  7. Don

    Jim Nugent Guest

    "Rowdy Yates" <rowdy_yates_mcngpATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
    > "Don" <> wrote in news:037201c515a8
    > $52c10e40$:
    >
    > > Can someone confirm that I only need to take the 4 core
    > > exams + the client exam to upgrade to MCSE 2000. I mean,
    > > does the MCSE NT4 certification satisfy the elective
    > > requirements?

    > if you are an MCSE on NT, shouldn't you know by now where to get that
    > information?

    I was looking at that Web site earlier this morning. My guess is that the OP
    found it to be confusing and asked for confirmation.

    My understanding is that 210 can count as the "client" exam for 2003, and an
    MCSE in NT 4 will count as the elective.
    --
    Jim
    "Be right back... Godot"

    Jim Nugent, Feb 26, 2005
  8. Yes 210 or 270 work for the "Client" exam however the NT4 MCSE will not
    count as an elective for the MCSE on Server 2003.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..