  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    what,s the best study material to prepared for MCSE 2003
    Guest, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    <> prattled ceaslessly in
    news:47be01c52444$05777ca0$:

    > what,s the best study material to prepared for MCSE 2003

    MS Press, a test lab, and wait to use practice tests until you think
    you're ready for the real exam. Legitimate practice tests include
    SelfTest, MeasureUp, and Transcender. Don't use braindumps! Read the
    suggested additional reading and search for additional reading on MS
    site. Look into VM Ware or Virtual PC to simulate a network on one
    machine. You can install the evaluation versions of server and
    professional more than once.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they never
    doubted it for a second."
    catwalker63, Mar 9, 2005

  3. catwalker63 wrote:
    > Read the
    > suggested additional reading and search for additional reading on MS
    > site. Look into VM Ware or Virtual PC to simulate a network on one
    > machine. You can install the evaluation versions of server and
    > professional more than once.

    Also worth noting - the trial version of Virtual PC is only 45 days
    while the Virtual Server 2005 Trial is 180 days.

    Virtual Server 2005:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

    Virtual PC:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d6-5098-4c64-9ca7-a30f225859f6&DisplayLang=en

    The VMWare trial is only 30 days.

    The only drawbacks to Virtual Server 2005 is you can only install
    instances of Win2k3 Server, 2k Server or NT SP6 (no XP or Win2k
    clients) and it doesn't have any sound card support. Both VPC and VS
    2k5 will install on XP as a host OS. VS 2k5 does let you remotely
    administer servers including via a nifty Active X driven web site.
    Also, the Virtual Server disk images are for the most part
    interchangeable with Virtual PC.
    blastingfonda, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    catwalker63, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    > "blastingfonda" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/t
    >> rial/default.mspx
    >>

    > Good eye!!

    MS did a webcast on clustering SQL with virtual server that you should
    watch then.

    IT was done Fri, 21 Jan 2005 and called "How to use Microsoft Virtual
    Server to cluster Microsoft SQL Server 2005" but the link is currently
    down. go to http://www.microsoft.com/events/webcasts/library/200501.mspx
    and see if you can find it at a later time. it is about an hour long but
    not bad all in all

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Sex is hereditary: If your parents never had it, you won't either.
    Neil, Mar 9, 2005
  6. Guest

    David Andrew Guest

    Does anyone know if the Preplogic test questions are any good. or shall I
    stick to Trancenders????

    David Andrew, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, blastingfonda climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > The only drawbacks to Virtual Server 2005 is you can only install
    > instances of Win2k3 Server, 2k Server or NT SP6 (no XP or Win2k
    > clients) and it doesn't have any sound card support. Both VPC and VS
    > 2k5 will install on XP as a host OS. VS 2k5 does let you remotely
    > administer servers including via a nifty Active X driven web site.
    > Also, the Virtual Server disk images are for the most part
    > interchangeable with Virtual PC.

    For what it's worth; I have successfully installed and run the following on
    MS Virtual *PC*. Win2K3 Server, Win2K Server, Win2K, and Debian on an XP
    machine with 1gb of RAM. All worked fine.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Mar 9, 2005
  8. Hi there!
    I went to amazon.com and after I read rewievs I purchased a few
    books:MSPress, Exam2Cram, Sybex, Passport, and Mastering w2k3Server Mike
    Musinas, excelent book. I bought them used and they are in excelent
    condition. All toghether cost me 100$. I sign up for Question of the day from
    Transcender, Cert Tutor, and PrepLogic.
    I setup home network with WVM2004.Loaded W2K3Server, W2KPro, XP, Mandrake
    10.1, Red Hat 9 and Fedora3. Fiuuuuuuuuuu
    Now I am studying, and trying to put these Vmachines in work, It is FUN!
    A lot of free resources over the net. Microsoft/technet offers free
    simulators nd they are nice.
    I am going toward my MCSA 2003, tw exams to go 70-290 and 70-291
    Do not use any braindumbs, working hard and looking for a more advanced job
    thencomptech.
    Best 4 all, and wish u guys luck on your exams

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF4em9uZQ==?=, Mar 10, 2005
  9. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?SmF4em9uZQ==?=" <> say in

    > I sign up for Question of the day from
    > Transcender, Cert Tutor, and PrepLogic.

    careful, some QODs are pretty close to dumps.

    > Do not use any braindumbs, working hard and looking for a more
    > advanced job thencomptech.

    I will give you points for saying this though.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - My PC is a screamer! "UPGRADE ME! UPGRADE ME!! NOW!!!"
    Neil, Mar 10, 2005
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    RESPONSE FROM SHAFIY2K : You can refer Microsoft`s
    Official Curriculum book, or better to choose sybex study
    guide with Winsim tool and electronic training engines.

    With regards
    Shafi.H
    Guest, Mar 14, 2005