    I want to recertify but things look a little more confusing now.
    Should I just go for the MCITP:Enterprise with Exchange 2007 or the MCSE?

    Thanks for your help

    Juan, Jun 18, 2009

  2. "Juan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am a Windows NT 4.0 MCSE. I landed a job that did not required my
    > skills
    > for a while and now I want to get back and start to look for a new job. I
    > still handle a lot of tasks in Server 2003/2008, Exchange 2003/2007 and
    > some
    > networking.
    > I want to recertify but things look a little more confusing now.
    > Should I just go for the MCITP:Enterprise with Exchange 2007 or the MCSE?

    That really depends on where your expertise lies, Juan, and what sort of
    recognition you're interested in.

    If you're more experienced with Exchange 2007, or you never wish to work
    with Exchange 2003 again, then the MCSE would seem to be somewhat useless
    and you probably want to focus on the Exchange 2007 examinations and
    certification.

    On the other hand, if you're an expert in Exchange 2003, and you still do a
    lot of work and/or plan to continue to do a lot of work with Exchange 2003,
    then it seems having the certification recognizing your expertise on *that*
    product would make the most sense.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jun 18, 2009

  3. It depends on what you current job requirements are and what you personally
    want to do. But I always say why not both. This will make you the most
    marketable.

    Harvey Colwell, Jun 19, 2009
  4. Juan

    Juan Guest

    Thanks for your reply Lawrence. I will keep that in mind.

    Juan

    Juan, Jun 19, 2009