    This would be a shame if I cannot do the exams as the
    whole point of the exersise is to get a job in Networking.

    Thanks for any replies.

    Kevin Bannister, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Kevin Bannister" <> wrote in
    news:140a501c417f6$cce4b1f0$:

    > I am just about to purchase the self paced books for the
    > 4 core exams.
    > I want to achieve a full MCSE, but need a few questions
    > answered
    >
    > I do not have any work experience in the field, so doe
    > this mean I cannot do these exams.
    > I do have an Advanced GNVQ in IT though and a good
    > working knowledge of hardware.
    >
    > I ask because I read need one years experience for each
    > MCP.
    > This would be a shame if I cannot do the exams as the
    > whole point of the exersise is to get a job in Networking.
    >
    > Thanks for any replies.

    it's "recommeded" that you have experience.

    but microsoft are more than happy to take your hard earned cash even if you
    don't.

    ;-)

    Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
    ---
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    --
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004

  3. >-----Original Message-----
    >I am just about to purchase the self paced books for the
    >4 core exams.
    >I want to achieve a full MCSE, but need a few questions
    >answered
    >
    >I do not have any work experience in the field, so doe
    >this mean I cannot do these exams.
    >I do have an Advanced GNVQ in IT though and a good
    >working knowledge of hardware.
    >
    >I ask because I read need one years experience for each
    >MCP.
    >This would be a shame if I cannot do the exams as the
    >whole point of the exersise is to get a job in

    Networking.

    >Thanks for any replies.
    >.
    >I have already read those links, it does say have one

    yrs experience in network industry.
    Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
    of exams.
    How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
    in the first place, as most companies require you to have
    it.

    Kevin Bannister, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Kevin Bannister" <> wrote in

    >>Thanks for any replies.
    >>.
    >>I have already read those links, it does say have one

    > yrs experience in network industry.
    > Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
    > of exams.
    > How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
    > in the first place, as most companies require you to have
    > it.

    you will have a much easier time understanng the material if you have the
    experience.

    it sounds like you don't have the experience. then just go for a MCP or MCSA
    at most. get the experience and then got for MCSE.

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  5. Kevin Bannister

    Neil Guest

    "Kevin Bannister" <> wrote in

    > I have already read those links, it does say have one
    > yrs experience in network industry.
    > Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
    > of exams.
    > How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
    > in the first place, as most companies require you to have
    > it.

    not requierd but beneficial. as for into the industry, start at the bottom
    (like all us slobs did)

    --
    Neil

    Neil, Apr 1, 2004
  6. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > not requierd but beneficial. as for into the industry, start at the bottom
    > (like all us slobs did)

    hey. i think i have never risen past the "bottom". oh, i forgot. that's my
    profession. it's called network administration.

    ry

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  7. Kevin Bannister

    Guest Guest

    someone who has told me if I have a reasonable knowledge
    of networking I will be OK, I have helped set up LAN
    parties, and can setup Wireless networking, so should be
    fine, ordering the books, its time to study hard.

    Guest, Apr 1, 2004
  8. Kevin Bannister

    Andy Foster Guest

    Kevin Bannister wrote

    >>I am just about to purchase the self paced books for the
    >>4 core exams.
    >>I want to achieve a full MCSE, but need a few questions
    >>answered
    >>
    >>I do not have any work experience in the field, so doe
    >>this mean I cannot do these exams.
    >>I do have an Advanced GNVQ in IT though and a good
    >>working knowledge of hardware.
    >>
    >>I ask because I read need one years experience for each
    >>MCP.
    >>This would be a shame if I cannot do the exams as the
    >>whole point of the exersise is to get a job in

    >Networking.
    >>
    >>Thanks for any replies.
    >>.
    >>I have already read those links, it does say have one

    >yrs experience in network industry.
    >Is this totaly correct, which means I cannot do this set
    >of exams.
    >How am I meant to get into the industry without an MCSE
    >in the first place, as most companies require you to have
    >it.
    >.

    You don't need experience to pass the MCSE exams, but try
    finding a job in IT without experience.
    As to how you are meant to get into the industry without
    work experience (or an MCSE), as far as the industry is
    concerned you aren't meant to get into it - it's not their
    problem.
    Many companies have outsourced their entry-level jobs to
    India/China/etc., so there are a lot of people with
    experience fighting over few entry-level jobs. You may
    well be much more capable and knowledgeable than the
    recently down-sized helldesk monkey who's also applying
    for the job, but the employers will see that he has
    experience, and has proven himself.
    It can be done, but it ain't gonna be easy. You'll be
    joining thousands of others who'd do just about anything
    to get their foor in the door.
    For a reality check, phone a few local IT recruiters and
    ask them if they've got any jobs for MCSEs without any
    experience.

    Whatever you do, don't sign up for an over-priced
    bootcamp - self study is the way to go - if you don't get
    your foot in the door, all it'll have cost you is the
    price of the books (which you'll still have) and the price
    of the exams.

    Andy Foster, Apr 1, 2004
  9. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Andy Foster" <> wrote in

    > You don't need experience to pass the MCSE exams, but try
    > finding a job in IT without experience.
    > As to how you are meant to get into the industry without
    > work experience (or an MCSE), as far as the industry is
    > concerned you aren't meant to get into it - it's not their
    > problem.
    > Many companies have outsourced their entry-level jobs to
    > India/China/etc., so there are a lot of people with
    > experience fighting over few entry-level jobs. You may
    > well be much more capable and knowledgeable than the
    > recently down-sized helldesk monkey who's also applying
    > for the job, but the employers will see that he has
    > experience, and has proven himself.
    > It can be done, but it ain't gonna be easy. You'll be
    > joining thousands of others who'd do just about anything
    > to get their foor in the door.
    > For a reality check, phone a few local IT recruiters and
    > ask them if they've got any jobs for MCSEs without any
    > experience.
    >
    > Whatever you do, don't sign up for an over-priced
    > bootcamp - self study is the way to go - if you don't get
    > your foot in the door, all it'll have cost you is the
    > price of the books (which you'll still have) and the price
    > of the exams.

    Well said Andy. TO which I would like to add:

    http://tinyurl.com/yu5ja

    :)

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  10. Kevin Bannister

    Brat Guest

    ok I'm not opening any more links from Rowdy... who's with me? Kenny, I
    know you are

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Apr 1, 2004
  11. Kevin Bannister

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > ok I'm not opening any more links from Rowdy... who's with me? Kenny, I
    > know you are

    Yes. Rowdy, if you have any links you want me to open, dont tinyurl them. I
    want to see where I'm going. Everyone else, tinyurl for safety's sake.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 1, 2004
  12. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:#YrvNVCGEHA.4084
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > "Brat" <> wrote in message
    >> ok I'm not opening any more links from Rowdy... who's with me? Kenny, I
    >> know you are
    >>

    > Yes. Rowdy, if you have any links you want me to open, dont tinyurl them. I
    > want to see where I'm going. Everyone else, tinyurl for safety's sake.

    fine fine. no more tiny's.

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/img/demotivators_1786_7719045.jpg

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  13. Kevin Bannister

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > fine fine. no more tiny's.

    that's not what I'm saying. tiny all you want. Just don't expect me (and I'm
    guessing Sue, and maybe others) to open any tinys from you. Everyone else
    should tiny, because they can be trusted. You are not very trustworthy when
    it comes to tinys. You have abused the right, the privelege, of using
    tinyurl.com. If you continue said behavior, I guarantee that others will
    follow in my footsteps.

    Come on, Rowdy. Strain a little!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 1, 2004
  14. Kevin Bannister

    Consultant Guest

    what the hell was it?

    Consultant, Apr 1, 2004
  15. Kevin Bannister

    Consultant Guest

    proper netiquette would dictate that you place a sfw or nsfw with your link

    Consultant, Apr 1, 2004
  16. Rowdy Yates wrote:
    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:#YrvNVCGEHA.4084
    > @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> "Brat" <> wrote in message
    >>> ok I'm not opening any more links from Rowdy... who's with me?
    >>> Kenny, I know you are
    >>>

    >> Yes. Rowdy, if you have any links you want me to open, dont tinyurl
    >> them. I want to see where I'm going. Everyone else, tinyurl for
    >> safety's sake.
    >>

    > fine fine. no more tiny's.

    Pay attention, class.

    Today's lesson is posting proper URL's.

    If the URL you wish to post is reasonably small, simply post that URL.
    However, keep in mind that not everyone has their mail reader settings the
    same, so it might wrap for some readers.

    If there is a reasonable chance that the URL would wrap, post the original
    URL, then also post a reduced size URL, such as ones created by tinyurl,
    snurl, makeashorterlink, notlong, etc.

    Do not post ONLY the shortened URL, since your desired goal is to get people
    to check the link. Those who do not know you, and have been burned in the
    past by clicking a link that sends them to pr0n sites or "bombs" will not
    attempt to click the URL. By placing the original URL, wrapped or not,
    above the shortened URL, you are at least letting the reader take a stab at
    a clue as to what the URL points to. Of course, someone who is less than
    honorable might post a fake or misleading full URL with a shortened link
    that still directs the users to undesirable location(s).

    Personally, I never click on a post that contains ONLY a shortened URL,
    unless I know the poster, or at least have read replies to the original post
    that imply that the link is safe.

    Also, when posting URL's, keep in mind that many readers access the
    newsgroups from their workplace. Sites that might be considered offensive
    should be labeled NSFW (Not Safe For Work).

    There will be a quiz tomorrow, which will count for 10% of your final grade.

    Class dismissed.

    --
    Fris "Spicoli, did you order the pizza?" beeĀ®

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 1, 2004
  17. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    hold on. i got to google sfw and nsfw.

    ;-)

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:eMzgriCGEHA.3912
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > proper netiquette would dictate that you place a sfw or nsfw with your link
    >

    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    >> "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >> > fine fine. no more tiny's.

    >> that's not what I'm saying. tiny all you want. Just don't expect me (and

    > I'm
    >> guessing Sue, and maybe others) to open any tinys from you. Everyone else
    >> should tiny, because they can be trusted. You are not very trustworthy

    > when
    >> it comes to tinys. You have abused the right, the privelege, of using
    >> tinyurl.com. If you continue said behavior, I guarantee that others will
    >> follow in my footsteps.
    >>
    >> Come on, Rowdy. Strain a little!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26
    >>
    >> first initial last name AT hotmail DOT com

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  18. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:ukeK#fCGEHA.3180
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >> fine fine. no more tiny's.

    > that's not what I'm saying. tiny all you want. Just don't expect me (and

    I'm
    > guessing Sue, and maybe others) to open any tinys from you. Everyone else
    > should tiny, because they can be trusted. You are not very trustworthy when
    > it comes to tinys. You have abused the right, the privelege, of using
    > tinyurl.com. If you continue said behavior, I guarantee that others will
    > follow in my footsteps.
    >
    > Come on, Rowdy. Strain a little!

    fine. no links.

    did you guys click on the one i told you not to click on? eeks..

    i thought i shouted it out. :)

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  19. Kevin Bannister

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    cool. thanx frisbee. now i know what sfw or nsfw means. :)

    btw. - rowdy only posts sfw's.

    sometimes, to real lamer's, he has been known to post nsfwos's (not safe for
    windows os's). but i have not hit the LofW twins with one of those. you
    normally have to be a troll, lamer and paper MCSE condoner to get a nsfwos
    from rowdy. :)

    (you mean there is p0rn on the web? where?)

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  20. Kevin Bannister

    Brat Guest

    more of those little pictures with the changed saying in them... the ones
    paul started with

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Apr 1, 2004