MCSE - 2003 Env.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by jen, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. jen

    jen Guest

    this is the first time, since 1988, that i've been out of
    IT/development work. i got laid off in 1/2002. i have
    experience in microsoft as well as most unix flavors,
    not mention a ton of scripting experience.

    anyway, i decided, with all this free time on my hands,
    i'd get certified in a few areas. i blew through the A+
    and Network+ tests without even studying. then, i tried
    the same with the 70-290 exam. damn, some of those questions
    read like chinese algebra. so, i bombed on my first try.
    i needed a 700 and wound up with a 675. i guess i need
    to study a bit for these, huh.

    at any rate, from time to time, i may need to pick the
    expert brains in this group.

    thanks ahead of time....i appreciate it.

    --
    Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.
    jen, Nov 15, 2003

  2. jen

    Herb Martin Guest

    > and Network+ tests without even studying. then, i tried
    > the same with the 70-290 exam. damn, some of those questions
    > read like chinese algebra. so, i bombed on my first try.
    > i needed a 700 and wound up with a 675. i guess i need
    > to study a bit for these, huh.

    Actually that is not a "bomb" -- you were very close (likely one
    or maybe two questions.)

    Register RIGHT NOW to retake it within 10 days. Sit down
    and right down everything you remember (not questions but key
    points) and then review all those areas and the entire OUTLINE
    from Microsoft.

    Go take it and pass it.

    > at any rate, from time to time, i may need to pick the
    > expert brains in this group.

    Studying for it again won't cost you anything as it is the basis
    for 291, 29x etc.

    --
    Herb Martin
    Herb Martin, Nov 15, 2003

  3. jen

    jen Guest

    Herb Martin wrote:
    >>and Network+ tests without even studying. then, i tried
    >>the same with the 70-290 exam. damn, some of those questions
    >>read like chinese algebra. so, i bombed on my first try.
    >>i needed a 700 and wound up with a 675. i guess i need
    >>to study a bit for these, huh.

    > Actually that is not a "bomb" -- you were very close (likely one
    > or maybe two questions.)
    >
    > Register RIGHT NOW to retake it within 10 days. Sit down
    > and right down everything you remember (not questions but key
    > points) and then review all those areas and the entire OUTLINE
    > from Microsoft.
    >
    > Go take it and pass it.
    >

    >>at any rate, from time to time, i may need to pick the
    >>expert brains in this group.

    > Studying for it again won't cost you anything as it is the basis
    > for 291, 29x etc.

    thanks dude! i appreciate the input...

    --
    Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.
    jen, Nov 15, 2003
  4. jen

    Unregistered Guest

    jen wrote:
    > *
    > ...i blew through the A+
    > and Network+ tests without even studying. then, i tried
    > the same with the 70-290 exam. damn, some of those questions
    > read like chinese algebra. so, i bombed on my first try.
    > i needed a 700 and wound up with a 675. i guess i need
    > to study a bit for these, huh.
    > *

    Ya THINK? No way. Here's what you do: Blow through the A+ an
    Network+ tests again, just to build up your confidence, you know, an
    this time, instead of 70-290, why don't you just try flying an airplan
    or something

    Unregistered
    Unregistered, Nov 17, 2003
  5. jen

    Unregistered Guest

    No WAIT, BRAIN SURGERY! Yeah, that's what you should try next withou
    studying. What do you think

    Unregistered
    Unregistered, Nov 17, 2003
  6. jen

    jen Guest

    Unregistered wrote:
    > No WAIT, BRAIN SURGERY! Yeah, that's what you should try next without
    > studying. What do you think?
    >

    > Unregistered -

    uh um, why don't you go f#ck yourself.....without studying, that is!

    --
    Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.
    jen, Nov 18, 2003
  7. jen

    Unregistered Guest

    jen wrote:
    > *Unregistered wrote:
    >
    > uh um, why don't you go f#ck yourself.....without studying, that is!
    >
    > *

    Hmmmm, doesn't study, AND foul-mouthed... Please tell me she's single

    Unregistered
    Unregistered, Nov 18, 2003