    about it. With Vista coming out soon I dont want to run
    the risk of them obsoleting the Cert before im finished with it.
    Anyone know how much time Id have?

    Jetter, Nov 1, 2006

  2. Jetter

    CBIC Guest

    "Jetter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just took the 70-270 test yesterday (scored a 921).
    > If I go the MCSE 2000 route, is it going to be obsoleted
    > anytime soon? I didnt see any dates on microsoft's site
    > about it. With Vista coming out soon I dont want to run
    > the risk of them obsoleting the Cert before im finished with it.
    > Anyone know how much time Id have?

    They usually bring out the list of exams they are going to retire in June.
    After an exam is on the list it is available for 1 year. I believe this is
    true maybe someone can verify.

    CBIC, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Jetter

    Consultant Guest

    it already is obsolete

    Consultant, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Jetter

    Guest Guest

    "Jetter" <> wrote in message
    >I just took the 70-270 test yesterday (scored a 921).
    > If I go the MCSE 2000 route, is it going to be obsoleted
    > anytime soon? I didnt see any dates on microsoft's site
    > about it. With Vista coming out soon I dont want to run
    > the risk of them obsoleting the Cert before im finished with it.
    > Anyone know how much time Id have?

    Think about it, if they were to yank the cert tomorrow, would that mean that
    EVERY business in the world would have to stop using the software,
    immediately?

    Guest, Nov 1, 2006
  5. Jetter

    kpg Guest

    As once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Think about it, if they were to yank the cert tomorrow, would that
    > mean that EVERY business in the world would have to stop using the
    > software, immediately?

    Don't ask me to think.

    kpg, Nov 1, 2006
  6. Jetter

    kpg Guest

    As Jetter once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > I just took the 70-270 test yesterday (scored a 921).
    > If I go the MCSE 2000 route, is it going to be obsoleted
    > anytime soon? I didnt see any dates on microsoft's site
    > about it. With Vista coming out soon I dont want to run
    > the risk of them obsoleting the Cert before im finished with it.
    > Anyone know how much time Id have?

    You should certify in what you know and/or are using.

    Are you using 2k?

    If this is a prepare for the future kind of thing, I would
    shoot for at least 2k3.

    We still use 2k, but that's only becuse we're afraid of change.

    kpg, Nov 1, 2006
  7. Jetter

    Guest Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> Think about it, if they were to yank the cert tomorrow, would that
    >> mean that EVERY business in the world would have to stop using the
    >> software, immediately?

    > Don't ask me to think.

    My bad...I didn't realize it was so late in the afternoon already.

    Guest, Nov 1, 2006
  8. Jetter

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:13:15 -0600, CertGuard cast into the ether:

    > Think about it, if they were to yank the cert tomorrow, would that mean that
    > EVERY business in the world would have to stop using the software,
    > immediately?

    Yes!

    Do you want Bill to go broke?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Nov 1, 2006
  9. "Jetter" <> wrote in message
    >I just took the 70-270 test yesterday (scored a 921).
    > If I go the MCSE 2000 route, is it going to be obsoleted
    > anytime soon? I didnt see any dates on microsoft's site
    > about it. With Vista coming out soon I dont want to run
    > the risk of them obsoleting the Cert before im finished with it.
    > Anyone know how much time Id have?

    Windows 2000 support finished last year. The certification will never
    expire, instead it will show experience in an older operating system. The
    MCSE NT4 is still valid, as is an MCP in Windows 95. There's just not much
    call for either any more. Mind you, the Australian Defence Force has only
    this year gone fully to Win XP/Win 2003 from NT4, so there's still support
    work around!
    You've sat the first exam for the MCSE 2003 track, keep going that way.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCP Win95
    MCNGP Silver

    Wayne McGlinn, Nov 2, 2006
  10. Jetter

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Wayne McGlinn" <> wrote in message
    > "Jetter" <> wrote in message
    >>I just took the 70-270 test yesterday (scored a 921).
    >> If I go the MCSE 2000 route, is it going to be obsoleted
    >> anytime soon? I didnt see any dates on microsoft's site
    >> about it. With Vista coming out soon I dont want to run
    >> the risk of them obsoleting the Cert before im finished with it.
    >> Anyone know how much time Id have?
    >>

    > Windows 2000 support finished last year. The certification will never
    > expire, instead it will show experience in an older operating system. The
    > MCSE NT4 is still valid, as is an MCP in Windows 95. There's just not much
    > call for either any more. Mind you, the Australian Defence Force has only
    > this year gone fully to Win XP/Win 2003 from NT4, so there's still support
    > work around!
    > You've sat the first exam for the MCSE 2003 track, keep going that way.

    HEY SLACKER DID YOU POST IN THE "BLEH" THREAD YET LIKE I ASKED YOU TO?

    Frisbee®, Nov 2, 2006
  11. Jetter

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > They usually bring out the list of exams they are going to retire in
    > June. After an exam is on the list it is available for 1 year. I
    > believe this is true maybe someone can verify.

    mostly true. the list of retired exams and the process of it all is at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp

    but as for the certification itself, I am still listed as an MCSE on both
    NT 3.51 and NT 4. I don't expect MS to change that and retire my MCSE on
    2000 or 2003 when the longhorn series of exams come out.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

    Neil, Nov 2, 2006
  12. Jetter

    CBIC Guest

    > did you hear "CBIC" <> say in
    >
    >> They usually bring out the list of exams they are going to retire in
    >> June. After an exam is on the list it is available for 1 year. I
    >> believe this is true maybe someone can verify.

    > mostly true. the list of retired exams and the process of it all is at:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp
    >
    > but as for the certification itself, I am still listed as an MCSE on both
    > NT 3.51 and NT 4. I don't expect MS to change that and retire my MCSE on
    > 2000 or 2003 when the longhorn series of exams come out.

    I didn't mean to imply that MS retires certs, only exams. Sorry if I
    confused anyone.

    CBIC, Nov 2, 2006
  13. Jetter

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:13:15 -0600, CertGuard cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Think about it, if they were to yank the cert tomorrow, would that
    >> mean that EVERY business in the world would have to stop using the
    >> software, immediately?

    > Yes!
    >
    > Do you want Bill to go broke?

    SPLORF! make money thru the whole chain. get $$$ for certs, send the cert
    yokels out as evangelists (more free sales reps) and then collect the cash
    for the product. After they have the product, make even more $$$ for PSS
    (Professional Support Services) when the certified yokel can't
    install/config/repair the stuff. BRILLIANT!

    <dilbert toon>
    yokel: "Step away from that network server, I'M CERTIFIED!!!"

    yokel: "I Summon the vast power of certification!"

    yokel:"well, this is embarassing. that's all I remember from teh classes"
    </dilbert toon>

    {$1 to scott adams}

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

    Neil, Nov 2, 2006
  14. Jetter

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in news:Owagtlo
    $:

    > I didn't mean to imply that MS retires certs, only exams. Sorry if I
    > confused anyone.

    WHAT THE H3!! IS WRONG WITH YOU? jeez, yer bein more polite than a
    Canajian...

    Are you in India now? Did they put something in your curry?

    ;)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - For a snark is a boojum, you see.

    Neil, Nov 2, 2006
  15. Jetter

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Wayne McGlinn" <> say in

    > The
    > MCSE NT4 is still valid, as is an MCP in Windows 95.

    got it, got it, need it, got it.

    as is the mcp for NT workstation 3.51.

    "Who has the oldest cert"! I love this game!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Is it OK to yell "MOVIE" in a crowded firehouse?

    Neil, Nov 2, 2006
  16. Jetter

    CBIC Guest

    > did you hear "CBIC" <> say in news:Owagtlo
    > $:
    >

    >> I didn't mean to imply that MS retires certs, only exams. Sorry if I
    >> confused anyone.

    > WHAT THE H3!! IS WRONG WITH YOU? jeez, yer bein more polite than a
    > Canajian...
    >
    > Are you in India now? Did they put something in your curry?

    No, I'm still in the US. I'm just practicing. Please kindly do the needful.
    Thanking you.

    rgs

    CBIC, Nov 2, 2006
  17. Jetter

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear "Wayne McGlinn" <> say in
    >
    >> The
    >> MCSE NT4 is still valid, as is an MCP in Windows 95.

    > got it, got it, need it, got it.
    >
    > as is the mcp for NT workstation 3.51.
    >
    > "Who has the oldest cert"! I love this game!

    I'm certified on the ENIAC!

    Frisbee®, Nov 2, 2006
  18. Jetter

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:OAvObzo
    $:

    > I'm certified on the ENIAC!

    pffffftttt:

    http://tinyurl.com/ymcusj

    C.A.S.E., buddy...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again. - L. Long

    Neil, Nov 2, 2006
  19. Jetter

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in news:eEXONto
    $:

    > Please kindly do the needful.
    > Thanking you.
    >
    > rgs

    better....

    ....p!ssant

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - WOMAN.ZIP....Great program, but no documentation!

    Neil, Nov 2, 2006
  20. Jetter

    CBIC Guest

    > ...p!ssant