  1. I'm in the process of taking the core exams for the W2K MCSE, but I'm hearing
    rumors that Microsoft is dropping that cert in favor of the W2K3 cert. Is
    this fact?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGFyYW11c0FkbWlu?=, Jan 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGFyYW11c0FkbWlu?=

    T-Bone Guest

    T-Bone, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Windows 2000 is alive and well. The certifications no longer expire. If you
    finish the Windows 2000 MCSE, you only need to take two upgrade exams
    [70-292 and 70-296] to then become an Windows 2003 MCSE also. The upgrade
    exams are not all that difficult if you actually have used the operating
    systems for a while and taken the time to explore it thoroughly -
    Certificate Authority, SUS, IIS configuration, comfortable with
    gpresult/secedit/gpupdate/netdiag/dcdiag/ntdisutil/ipconfig/ [you don't have
    to memorize all syntax!] etc. Windows 2003 is mostly an enhanced Windows
    2000 and what you learn for Windows 2000 will apply to Windows 2003. The
    Windows 2003 upgrade exams are much more focused on security than the
    Windows 2000 exams were. I was surprised how many questions 70-296 had on
    Certificate Services and smart card authentication - probably about 30
    percent of the test. If you bone up on security now, it should help greatly
    with Windows 2003. I suggest that anyone taking the Windows 2003 upgrade
    exams use the Microsoft Press implementing security book for exam 70-299
    also for prep and read the chapters in the Windows 2003 Server Deployment
    Kit for public key infrastructure, smart card deployment, authentication
    strategy, ipsec, and deploy wireless for the security focus of the
    xam. --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Jan 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGFyYW11c0FkbWlu?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest