    move up to 2003 with extra extra money forked over? I am not planning to
    take any classes but paying for these tests are just love expensive.

    Thanks so much in advance for your reply!
    BK, Nov 16, 2003

  2. "BK" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, my name is Brian and I am new to this forum!
    >
    > I am having trouble deciding if I wanted to pursue MCSE for Windows

    2000 or
    > 2003. It seems that most businesses and companies still use Windows

    2000 so
    > it would be ideal to get this first and then upgrade to 2003 by

    taking 2
    > more exams. HOWEVER, my emphasis will be on Security. I perused

    through the
    > Microsoft website and found out that there is no easier way to

    upgrade the
    > Security portion for Windows 2003 except to take their whole

    curriculum for
    > Security again. So with this said... should I still go with 2000 and

    then
    > move up to 2003 with extra extra money forked over? I am not

    planning to
    > take any classes but paying for these tests are just love expensive.
    >
    > Thanks so much in advance for your reply!

    If you are not currently employed, I would say go 2K3. It will last
    longer from now until it is discontinued. And like you said, you will
    have to do the security all over again.

    If you are employed then go for what is required by your business. Oh,
    and get them to pay for training and certification as well. A well
    presented business case goes a long way.

    Skills.
    Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf, Nov 16, 2003

  3. BK

    Jtyc Guest

    > I am having trouble deciding if I wanted to pursue MCSE for Windows 2000
    or
    > 2003.

    Get certified in what you know best.
    Jtyc, Nov 17, 2003
  4. BK

    hAeW Guest

    It's up to you, really. I take 2k path because I've worked with it so I know
    the stuff.
    I'll upgrade to 2k3 later next year.

    hAeW, Nov 21, 2003