    after March 2008 to get MCSE 2000 or is MCSE2000 finaly closed at end of
    March?

    Thanks
    Westworld, Feb 29, 2008

  2. Westworld

    Rutger H. Guest

    Hi,

    I'm not sure, the requirements page shows that it's possible to do 2003
    design exams to meet the MCSE 2000 design requirement. The following page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.mspx

    shows, quote:
    "Exam retirements: Many of the exams in this certification track retire in
    March 2008. You must fulfill all listed requirements to earn the credential.
    The credential will not expire"

    This is not too clear about if credentials for MCSE 2000 will be given if
    you complete the requirement afther the retirement date.

    My guess is that they won't but maybe the Microsoft Regional Service Center
    can answer that for you:
    www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx

    Regards,

    Rutger H.

    Rutger H., Feb 29, 2008

  3. Westworld

    Westworld Guest

    Thank you verry much for trying to help me,

    I took my last exam, desing 70-221, for one of the last MSCE's 2000 a few
    days ago, but I work in the field for W2K from early 2000 since 1999, like
    todays Server 2008.

    Thanks again.

    Westworld, Mar 18, 2008
  4. Westworld

    John R Guest

    "Westworld" <> wrote in message
    >I will take 70-217 on Mar. 5, 2008. Is it possible to take a design exam
    > after March 2008 to get MCSE 2000 or is MCSE2000 finaly closed at end of
    > March?
    >
    > Thanks

    Not to disagree with anyone, but I kinda remember someone asking a similar
    question in one of the online meetings a while ago. As I recall, the answer
    was that as long as you fulfill the requirements, they will issue the cert.
    The problem of course, is that all the core tests are retiring so you won't
    have the opportunity to take those. But if all you need are electives, and
    you can take them, you can complete the requirements.

    Of course, it sounds like you already completed it anyway. Congrats BTW.

    John R
    John R, Mar 19, 2008