MCSDs round the world

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Steve Henty, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Steve Henty

    Steve Henty Guest

    Steve Henty, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Steve Henty

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 7, 2005

    There is no breakdown. Have a good day!

    Joseph MCAD

    Joseph MCAD, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Steve Henty

    TomTom Guest

    There are many more MCSE than MCSD. Does anyone have idea what this means?

    TomTom, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Steve Henty

    Jon Guest

    More systems need maintaining than applications developed? LOL

    Jon, Apr 8, 2005
  5. Steve Henty

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 7, 2005

    There might be a shortage of developers compared to system
    administrators.

    Joseph MCAD

    Joseph MCAD, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Steve Henty

    kpg Guest

    > There are many more MCSE than MCSD. Does anyone have idea what this means?

    Yes. I think I do.

    Every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinks they can be a system administrator, so
    lot's
    of jokers go out and 'get' their MCSEs (or at least the paper its printed
    on).
    The myth that a good job awaits you if you own an MSCE is still pervasive.

    But, apparently, not everyone thinks they can be a programmer, so the only
    people going out and getting MCSDs are programmers.

    I find it ironic that in many ways, the job of a 'good' system administrator
    is
    much more difficult than that of the typical programmer. (I am of the
    programmer
    ilk, BTW) But, of course, it is a different skill set. Both deal with
    problem solving,
    and we all have deadlines, but system administrators are expected to fix
    things
    instantly when something breaks - and they are expected to know all the
    answers
    yesterday. Who needs it? Not me...
    kpg, Apr 8, 2005
  7. Steve Henty

    EggHead Guest

    A lot of tech college such as CDI offer programs that revolve around MCSE
    but not MCSD.
    So, that is what those every Tom, Dick, and Harry takes when they go back to
    school.
    BTW, I get my paper MCSE but I am a code monkey now :)
    Egghead

    EggHead, Apr 11, 2005