    So, how do you think, is it correct argumentation? :) And
    is it in requisition in future?

    Thanks for any comments.
    Andrew, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Andrew

    Geoff Guest

    If you are looking to get certified and obviously have
    extensive experience with VS6 and not .Net then go for it.
    The exams are to stop being offered but the certification
    will still be valid after next June. We'll still be using
    VS6 for a good while yet !

    Geoff

    yet,
    >but I think that if I systematize my knowledges a little
    >I'll pass MSCD for Visual Studio 6.0 exams without

    serious
    >problem. Also, I don't use .NET yet. Also, as everybody
    >know, MS will discont MCSD VS6.0 exams after June, 2004.
    >
    >So, how do you think, is it make sense to pass these

    exams
    >and get MSCD VS6.0 certificate now? As for me, I

    consider

    Geoff, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Andrew

    ch_leong Guest

    Why don't you start to develop your .NET skills?
    Since you're so familiar with VS6, I believe you can
    catch up with .NET pretty fast. Better if you have some
    knowledge of C++ or Java. You need not struggle with
    object oriented jargon much if you learned C++ or Java
    before.

    Regards

    Leong

    ch_leong, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Andrew

    Vitali Guest

    Don't worry. Read about this matter at the:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsd/requirements.as
    Please, pay attention - "Anyone who earned the MCSD
    certification before June 30, 2004, will remain certified."

    Vitali, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Andrew

    Guest Guest

    You could save money buying the exam study books from eBay. However, keep in
    mind that you will end up paying about $75 for each exam (5 in all), and the
    same time could be spent learning .NET.

    Guest, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Andrew

    emg Guest

    I'm in the "don't bother" camp. It's not a matter of whether or not your
    VS6 cert is valid after June - - it's a matter of where you spend your
    precious time. There's quite a bit to learn for .Net and even though you're
    not using it at work yet, you should probably get started on that learning
    curve.

    Generally, the job market does not reward you for consolidating your
    knowledge of 6-year-old technologies. You have to keep pushing forward . .
    ..

    emg, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Andrew

    anonymous Guest

    systematize?????

    anonymous, Dec 18, 2003
  8. thanks guys i had a similar question. but you don't think that having the cert or some of them finished won't look go as you press to learn .NET? It might confirm that yo have a good working knowledge of VB, don't you think?
    =?Utf-8?B?amFzb24=?=, Dec 18, 2003
  9. Andrew

    Eric Guest

    I agree with emg. Time is too valuable to waste. Prepare yourself for
    the futre, instead of the past.
    Eric, Dec 18, 2003
  10. I don't think that you can take 4 exams so fast, but you can try to
    pass one you think is easier, if you succeed than you can go for it, because
    after some time, you can show that you know "all technologies" (WDNA and
    ..NET)

    Regards,
    Daniel

    Daniel Joskovski, Dec 19, 2003
  11. Andrew

    emg Guest

    No certification will "harm" your chances at a job. It *might* offer some
    small benefit. But a cert is no match for experience and there are
    literally tens of thousands of developers with ample experience in VS6. If
    you really have your heart set on it go ahead but don't expect much return
    on the investment.

    Remember, most employers don't care about certs AT ALL. The ones who do
    care, care because they are MS partners and are obligated to have X number
    of certified developers on their staff. If the cert topic is new enough it
    might help you because the employer doesn't have 50 other candidates with
    prior experience. I'm not even sure how much longer that will be true for
    ..Net. It certainly isn't true for VS6.

    emg, Dec 19, 2003
  12. Andrew

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The ones who do
    >care, care because they are MS partners and are obligated to have X number
    >of certified developers on their staff

    And are the ones going down the pan the fastest!
    Kline Sphere, Dec 19, 2003
  13. Andrew

    David Guest

    I have 70-100 and 70-016 completed. I will be taking 70-
    015 sometime in February or March. I plan on making my
    elective 70-229. Will I need to complete that exam before
    June 30, 2004 even though it will not be discontinued?

    David, Dec 29, 2003
  14. In news: 045c01c3cddb$fb8c8c90$,
    David <> wrote:
    > I have 70-100 and 70-016 completed. I will be taking 70-
    > 015 sometime in February or March. I plan on making my
    > elective 70-229. Will I need to complete that exam before
    > June 30, 2004 even though it will not be discontinued?

    As answered elsewhere, you'll need to complete the MCSD (for VS6)
    requirements on or before June 30, 2004.

    www.cindywinegarden.com
    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 31, 2003