MCSD Vs. MSPD (What's best?)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Mike, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
    here we go again :)

    I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
    currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)

    I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.

    I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
    I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
    and MCPD.

    MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.

    Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
    (and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?

    Thanks.

    Mike
    Mike, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Mike

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Aug 15, 8:45 pm, "Mike" <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I believe this question has been asked so many times around here, but
    > here we go again :)
    >
    > I'm an experienced .NET developer, I started out with 1.1 and I'm
    > currently working with 2.0 (thinking about start learning 3.0/3.5)
    >
    > I never got a certification but its just about time to do so.
    >
    > I want to go for the best (most recognized) certification out there, and
    > I'm having trouble trying to identify which one it is; I'm between MCSD
    > and MCPD.
    >
    > MCSD its .NET 1.1 based and MCPD its .NET 2.0 based.
    >
    > Having said that I must ask, which one is better for me and which one is
    > (and will be, in the US per say) better recognized out there?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Mike

    You already answered all your questions. Still, let me reiterate that
    the MCSD is obviously more recognized worldwide because it has had
    time to sink into the IT community's psyche. The MCPD/MCTS are newer
    certifications that many people aren't even familiar with. So, the
    only deciding factor for you should be - Do you want a certification
    because it is famous or well recognized or do you want it because it
    reflects your skills on the latest technology ?
    Cerebrus, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Thanks Cerebrus,

    I was in the same hesitations from last 1 year, today I got clear
    understanding that,

    I should first be MCSD, and then MCPD.

    Vishalgiri Goswami, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Mike

    Steve Guest

    That's the route I'm going. I'm taking my last exam tomorrow (70-330)
    for my MCSD. In a few more months, I'll start studying for the 2 big
    upgrade exams to the MCPD Enterprise Dev.

    Steve C.
    MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA

    Steve, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Hi,
    like said before me, you should be MCSD.NET and then MCPD dev.

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9k?=, Sep 6, 2007
  6. Hi everyone,

    I am Virander a 20 year old guy.
    I cleared MCP in ASP.Net with 92.4%..
    Now can i get some good jobs???
    Biut i think MCSD is the Best and i will try to ba MCSD in 4 months.
    Hope i can get my dreams come true.

    =?Utf-8?B?VmlyYW5kZXI=?=, Sep 12, 2007