    Now the question is which path is the best for people like me?

    Thanks,

    Carlos
    Ca r l o s A n t o n i o, Feb 27, 2006

  2. The MCPD tracks are made in lines with the industry needs... If you
    developing web applications you should go for MCPD Web Developer, if you are
    developing windows applications you should go for MCPD Windows Developer and
    if you are developing distributed enterprise wide applications you should
    choose MCPD EA Developer...

    Vishal R Joshi
    Product Planner - Technical | Developer & Database Certifications |
    Microsoft
    http://www.VishalJoshi.Blogspot.com

    PS: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.

    Vishal R Joshi [MSFT], Feb 27, 2006

  3. Carlos,
    In addition to what Vishal wrote, the other difference between the two types
    of exams, MCSD and MCPD, is what version of .NET you wish to be certified
    for. The original MCSD is for .NET 1.x while the MCPD is for .NET 2.x.

    From what I have been able to learn from reading here and there, the MCSD
    will still be offered as long as .NET 1.x is valid and supported and then
    phased out when .NET 1.x is phased out.

    I can relate to your situation. Last year I began studying for the same
    exam track that you have undertaken. As word came out about the upcoming
    release of .NET 2.0, there was some hints about the certification being
    different as well. So I opted to take a break from my studies until .NET 2.x
    came out because I figured I would just wait and become certified in it. I
    am glad that I waited because I like the layout of the exam track much better
    now. It allows me to focus in on one area of development.

    Hope this helps.
    Ira

    =?Utf-8?B?SXJhIFNtaXRo?=, Mar 6, 2006