    Can anyone help ?

    Thanks in advance
    Neel.

    Neel Roy, Apr 19, 2004

  2. In news: ,
    Neel Roy <> wrote:
    > I wanted to go through ...
    > braindump if thats the right word...

    Hi Neel,

    When a candidate takes an exam, a non-disclosure agreement is required. That
    means you can't tell anyone what's on the exam. A "brain dump" is when
    someone posts everything they remember about the exam (questions they
    memorized) somewhere on the web, violating their NDA. Many people consider
    the use of brain dumps to be cheating on the exams.

    If you want to see what the exam software is like you can try the free demo
    exams at www.transcender.com. If you want practice questions you can
    purchase exam prep materials from Transcender or other vendors.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Neel Roy

    Neel Roy Guest

    Thank you for your reply,

    what I am about to ask is kind of unrelated to my original post but since it
    is about MCSD VC++ I might as well ask as part of this question...

    1. MTS

    I have xp prof, and I want to install MTS because I am giving MCSD VC++ ,
    this MTS comes with NT Serv Pack 4 , how dangerous it can be ? Another thing
    is I have heard that COM+ comes with MTS by default but I do not see COM+ in
    my computer management , if at all it is there how do I see if and if its
    not then how do I install it ?

    2. Newer technologies

    I think when MCSD training kits where written current ATL pack was 2.0 or
    even 1.0 now since ATL 3.0 has been released how much can be and is asked
    from this and to what level ? Same is the case with COM+ .. As you know
    exams are going to be disconnected from June 30 so I have two months to
    prepare...

    3. Related but not core technologies.

    what about following technologies ?

    DHTML
    Help System
    SQL

    I know this is long but I needed to know so I thought I would put this in
    one... My apologies in advance , for long query and that I will be posting
    this as seperate msg too.

    Thanks again for reply...
    Neel

    Neel Roy, Apr 19, 2004
  4. >1. MTS

    >I have xp prof, and I want to install MTS because I am giving MCSD VC++ ,
    >this MTS comes with NT Serv Pack 4 , how dangerous it can be ? Another thing
    >is I have heard that COM+ comes with MTS by default but I do not see COM+ in
    >my computer management , if at all it is there how do I see if and if its
    >not then how do I install it ?

    Oh dear, oh dear. Please see the msdn which will explain all to you.

    However before you try and do the impossible....

    MTS can be though of as beta version of COM+.

    Windows XP has 'component services' (COM+) built in and you cannot
    install MTS on to it.

    >2. Newer technologies
    >
    >I think when MCSD training kits where written current ATL pack was 2.0 or
    >even 1.0 now since ATL 3.0 has been released how much can be and is asked
    >from this and to what level ? Same is the case with COM+ .. As you know
    >exams are going to be disconnected from June 30 so I have two months to
    >prepare...

    Nothing on COM+, plenty on MTS; so you need to be careful not to get
    confused when answering the questions. Again see the MSDN for the
    differences between them.

    Plenty of ATL (2.0), MFC and SDK COM questions.

    >3. Related but not core technologies.
    >
    >what about following technologies ?
    >
    >DHTML
    >Help System
    >SQL

    Yes.

    Need to have a basic understanding of SQL.

    Need to have a good understanding of ADO, OLE DB ODBC and even the
    'old' MFC DAO classes.

    Need to know your way around the help system (including HTML help).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 19, 2004