    Any advice?? Thanks...

    --
    Leigh Kendall, MCSD, MCDBA

    Leigh Kendall, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Leigh Kendall

    Jay Walters Guest

    Good question.

    I saved 300 for last, and for me, it was the right
    decision.

    My 300 exam was about MSF, database design, .NET related
    best practices/design, and reading comprehension.

    Because I took the framework exams first and then 229 - I
    only needed to study up on MSF - because half of the 300
    exam felt like a rehash of the previous exams but from a
    lead developer's point of view.

    Hope this helps

    ~ Jay

    current MCSD cert to the new .NET MCSD.

    >I've started studying/reviewing for the 70-300 exam, but

    am wondering if this would be better left as the last
    exam? Or does the order even matter? Is the 70-300 mostly
    about MSF or is it heavy on general architecture
    questions such as whether to use remoting versus web
    services etc etc.

    >I was hoping to take the 70-300 by end of September to

    take advantage of the free 70-100 to 70-300 exam voucher
    for existing MCSD's.

    Jay Walters, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Leigh Kendall

    Mike Maddux Guest

    I agree with Jay. Most definitely leave 70-300 for last. And I also recommend
    that you choose 70-229 for your elective, since there are a lot of database
    design questions on 70-300.

    Mike

    In article <02f701c365ce$749b0290$>, Jay Walters says...

    Mike Maddux, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Duh... Right, I totally forgot about the fact that if I blow the exam, it didn't cost me anything anyway...<g>
    "Ivan Demkovitch" <i@d> wrote in message news:...
    Just think about it...

    If you can study other exams before September 30, go for it.

    Otherwise why not try exam for free???

    Leigh Kendall, Aug 19, 2003
  5. What do you mean by you took the framework exams first? Do you mean all of
    them or just 70-300?

    Leigh Kendall, Aug 19, 2003
  6. When I upgraded my MCSD last time to the VS6 version, I did the 70-100 last.
    But even on that exam it was mostly high-level architecture and a lot of
    database design stuff; I had very little if any MSF. Fortunately, I've taken
    the SQL 6.5, 7.0 and 2000 Design exams so I'm used to the questions by now
    <g>.

    Since I have a free voucher to use by September 30 for the 70-300 I'm going
    to take it first. I don't have time to study and take the other three exams
    by then. Otherwise, I think I would tend to agree with you guys and I would
    take the architecture exam last again.

    Thanks for the thoughts...

    Leigh

    Leigh Kendall, Aug 19, 2003
  7. Right; I can always retake it :-( as my last exam after the framework exams
    if need be...

    Thanks,

    Leigh

    Leigh Kendall, Aug 20, 2003