    If they replace 70-100 with another exam, that would be
    great. I could study for that instead. Any ideas?

    Gerry O.

    Gerry O., Nov 5, 2003

  2. Gerry O.

    Guest Guest

    Yes, they are retiring the VS 6.0 related exams. If 70-100 is boring, then
    perhaps you're in the wrong line of work.

    Guest, Nov 5, 2003

  3. WKidd wrote:
    > Yes, they are retiring the VS 6.0 related exams. If 70-100 is boring, then
    > perhaps you're in the wrong line of work.

    Well said.

    General Protection Fault, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Gerry O.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >If 70-100 is boring, then
    >perhaps you're in the wrong line of work.

    Unless he meant it was boring because it is so easy.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Doubt it... Can't tell you how many developers I meet that find
    "architecture" boring. They just want to jump in and start coding away. To
    hell with the planning; real developers don't need to plan!

    Lord knows I wouldn't want a developer like that building my house. "No, we
    don't need blueprints, we'll just start hammering nails..."

    Yeah, right.

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Gerry O.

    Guest Guest

    Early on in my career, I had some supervisors who didn't care for
    architecture either. They would hand me some notes scribbled on the back of
    a dinner napkin. At that point, I was expected to start hacking out code
    from 8 - 6 until the project was completed. What boneheads. It's no wonder
    their company is no longer in business.

    Guest, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Gerry O.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Early on in my career, I had some supervisors who didn't care for
    >architecture either. They would hand me some notes scribbled on the back of
    >a dinner napkin. At that point, I was expected to start hacking out code
    >from 8 - 6 until the project was completed. What boneheads. It's no wonder
    >their company is no longer in business.

    I'm sure they became a welcome addition to the fast food industry.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 7, 2003
  8. Gerry O.

    Consultant Guest

    maybe this is him?
    http://hektik.org/various/retard/

    turn on your sound

    Consultant, Nov 7, 2003
  9. Gerry O.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Can't tell you how many developers I meet that find
    >"architecture" boring.

    I believe you mean grunts.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 7, 2003
  10. Gerry O.

    Guest Guest

    Now that you mention; it was a Burger King napkin. The really scarry part is
    that he had written the notes while having lunch with a prostective client.
    I bet the cheap ass didn't even pick up the tab. :)

    Guest, Nov 7, 2003
  11. Gerry O.

    Guest Guest

    haa haa :)

    Guest, Nov 7, 2003
  12. Gerry O.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    This looks remarkably like my picture on the mcngp site. Could this be
    my long lost brother?

    Kline Sphere, Nov 7, 2003
  13. Gerry O.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The really scarry part is
    >that he had written the notes while having lunch with a prostective client

    I believe that prospective client was Ronald McDonald.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 7, 2003
  14. Gerry O.

    Consultant Guest

    you tell us, lol

    Consultant, Nov 7, 2003
  15. Right; shouldn't overstate their abilities...

    Thanks for correcting me... <g>

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 8, 2003
  16. Gerry O.

    Ian Ringrose Guest

    Why not just try taking 70-100, and see if you pass.

    I have just passed 70-300, it took me 6 months to get round to it as the
    book was boring.
    After seeing how EASY the exam was, I think I would have passed if I had
    just taken it without doing any work.

    The problem with 70-100 and 70-300 is that you have to know just a bit more
    then nothing about a lot of things. If you have been in IT for a few years,
    you may already know enough to pass.

    Ian Ringrose, Nov 8, 2003
  17. Gerry O.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I have just passed 70-300, it took me 6 months to get round to it as the
    >book was boring.

    You should have taken the beta exam, if you wanted to get really
    bored.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 8, 2003