    2009.is this really accurated?what is the exact time for retirement?I`m
    currently going to take 70-300 exam in the next two weeks,and other three
    exams plus 70-431 exam in next couple of months.
    Bardia The Don, Mar 29, 2008

  2. Bardia The Don

    Gerry Guest

    March 2009 is the date the MCSD certification will retire.

    Gerry

    Gerry, May 1, 2008

  3. "Gerry" <> wrote in message

    > "Bardia The Don" <Bardia The > wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> Hi
    >> I want to prepare myself for MCSD certification .I think this website is
    >> helpful.I read somewhere that MCSD certification will be retired in year
    >> 2009.is this really accurated?what is the exact time for retirement?I`m
    >> currently going to take 70-300 exam in the next two weeks,and other three
    >> exams plus 70-431 exam in next couple of months.

    > March 2009 is the date the MCSD certification will retire.

    As noted in another thread -- technically this is an inaccurate answer.

    The core exams that are required to earn the MCSD will retire in March,
    2009, as will most (but not all!) of the electives.

    One of the electives for the MCSD is the 70-431 (SQL 2005) which can be
    expected to be around for at least the next 3-5 years.

    One need only complete the four core exams by March, 2009. Either of the two
    remaining electives could be completed at any time up until *they* expire,
    and one would be awarded the MCSD.

    Furthemore, *certifications* do not expire, at all. They just float out to
    see, as useless as a 14' fishing skiff with no motor in a gale force wind.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 6, 2008
  4. Bardia The Don

    Gerry Guest

    Lawrence, although the electives may be avaialble, you will NOT be able to
    acquire the certification after March 2009. Trust me on this. I know what
    I am talking about.

    The certifications will move to a section of the transcript titled Retired.

    Gerry

    Gerry, May 6, 2008
  5. "Gerry" <> wrote in message

    > Lawrence, although the electives may be avaialble, you will NOT be able to
    > acquire the certification after March 2009. Trust me on this. I know
    > what I am talking about.

    Yes.. I noticed your personal claim of knowledge in another newsgroup.

    > The certifications will move to a section of the transcript titled
    > Retired.

    I'll ask the same question here, that I asked there.

    Do you have a =reference= for this information? Preferably one with a
    microsoft.com URL!

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 10, 2008