  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    mcsd or mcse?? which is better and better paying?
    Guest, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    First learn what MCSD and MCSE are, then you will know which is better for
    you personally. Neither of them pay you anything; you actually have to pay
    to take the exams.
    WKidd

    Guest, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The market is flooded with MCSA's and MCSE's so they
    don't pay as much as they used to. What is funny is there
    is a radio commercial in my area that says come to our
    school and we train you for MCSE and you will make $100k
    year. In reality a 1st year MCSE makes about $35k - $40k
    year in my area. I don't know any MCSE (without other
    certs) that make anywhere close to $100k

    Guest, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    <> wrote
    > mcsd or mcse?? which is better and better paying?

    McD's pays the same starting salary no matter what certification you have.
    T-Bone, Sep 13, 2004
  5. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    > year in my area. I don't know any MCSE (without other
    > certs) that make anywhere close to $100k

    What about me? Oh wait... I have an A+ cert.
    Jtyc, Sep 13, 2004
  6. Guest

    Kez Guest

    You sound knowledgeable in this area...

    Kez, Sep 13, 2004
  7. Guest

    Brad Guest

    Ha Ha :))

    Brad, Sep 13, 2004
  8. >mcsd or mcse?? which is better and better paying?

    up, down & across.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 13, 2004
  9. Guest

    kpg Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\146254.htm (9/13/2004 10:22:14

    AM) #
    > mcsd or mcse?? which is better and better paying?

    I'm going to get both. I know it's 11 exams but I
    figure I'll get paid twice as much!

    --
    kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    In theory, there is no difference
    kpg, Sep 13, 2004
  10. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    "Kez" <> wrote
    > You sound knowledgeable in this area...

    Yes, but I did it way back in the 80's when starting salary was $3.15/hr. I
    worked my way all the way up to $3.50 before I quit and moved on to better
    paying things like retail sales for a whopping 6 bucks an hour.
    T-Bone, Sep 13, 2004
  11. >> year in my area. I don't know any MCSE (without other
    >> certs) that make anywhere close to $100k

    >What about me? Oh wait... I have an A+ cert.

    surely that's $200k?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 13, 2004
  12. >In reality a 1st year MCSE makes about $35k - $40k
    >year in my area.

    only if they have three years 'real world' experience as well.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 13, 2004
  13. >I'm going to get both. I know it's 11 exams but I
    >figure I'll get paid twice as much!

    you should be able to work it so that you will be able to get your
    mcdba for free!!! and then you can earn THREE times as much!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 13, 2004
  14. Guest

    Hermit Dave Guest

    i always thought of it as what i wanted to do...
    if i wanted to do programming then its always development related
    certification.

    if its admin then i would have gone in for MCSE... oh well... i guess people
    nowadays just care about the money (dont blame them)... they would do just
    about anything as long as it pays..

    saying that... there are some interesting things i can think of

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 13, 2004
  15. >saying that... there are some interesting things i can think of

    GT 40 perhaps?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 13, 2004
  16. Guest

    Hermit Dave Guest

    nah all of 40 inches is beyond my imagination

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 13, 2004
  17. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote
    > up, down & across.

    Wouldn't going diagonally save time?
    T-Bone, Sep 13, 2004
  18. Guest

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>
    spewed in news::

    > up, down & across.

    in a warm bath with the door locked and the gas on (pilot light out)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 13, 2004
  19. Guest

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>
    spewed in news::

    > surely that's $200k?

    is that more or less than the 200k rupee I am making now...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 13, 2004
  20. >> up, down & across.

    >Wouldn't going diagonally save time?

    interesting concept.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 13, 2004