    materials?

    Thanks,

    Paul

    pablo, Dec 27, 2003

  2. "pablo" <pablo_17********@*****yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:Xns945E896EE9F0Epablo17yahoocom@216.196.97.132...
    > 1) I will be teaching myself in preparation for the MCSD.NET

    certification
    > (which is what I did when I acquired my MCSE six years ago.) In a post to
    > this group earlier this year, it was mentioned that this is quite feasible
    > if you have the software. Besides Visual Studio.NET and the .NET SDK,

    what
    > other software will I need?

    Whatever you plan on using as an elective. Most likely SQL Server 2000. MSDE
    can do it, for most questions, but it will take longer as you have to poke
    at everything with command line tools. That is not such a bad thing,
    however, as you will understand how things work.

    > 2) I left the networking world and have worked the past four years as a
    > Web Developer working primarily with Active Server Page and SQL 2000
    > technology. I intend to go the C# route for my MCSD, yet haven't written
    > any C++ code in over ten years. What kind of prep (as in reccomended
    > books) should I undertake before plunging into the MCSD specific training
    > materials?

    The Microsoft prep books are fairly decent in this arena ... IF you actually
    run the exercises and code. If you want to simply read, you could be in
    trouble. The .NET help files are also nice. You will also want a decent book
    on C#; Gunnerson's book is good if you have a good base in coding.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 29, 2003

  3. pablo

    pablo Guest

    Thanks for the feed back. I appreciate it.

    Paul

    "Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)" <> wrote
    in news::

    pablo, Dec 29, 2003