    to pay for the classes...It's VERY expensive.

    Thanks!

    Doug
    Doug Dexter, May 3, 2004

  2. Doug Dexter

    UAError Guest

    (Doug Dexter) wrote:

    >Hi there.
    >
    >I'm in between jobs and wanting to get the .Net Cert process started.
    >I have a little over 3 years real-world programming experience as an
    >ASP/VB6/Oracle developer.
    >
    >I'm trying to do the self-study thing, because I don't have the cash
    >to pay for the classes...It's VERY expensive.
    >
    >Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Doug

    What can I say, I'm lazy:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/help.html

    Use it to locate many other fine (some of them at least)
    contributions.

    Updates:

    SQL Server 2000 Books Online (Updated 2004)

    Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000)
    Release A
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d1-a0bc-479f-bafa-e4b278eb9147&DisplayLang=en

    SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Release A
    (Protects Against the Slammer Worm)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E1-F44C-4781-A6BB-F60E02DC1335&displaylang=en

    70-229 Related

    Professional SQL Server 2000 Programming
    Robert Vieira
    ISBN: 0-7645-4379-2
    Paperback
    1440 pages
    November 2000
    http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0764543792.html

    (Some hate it, Some say its OK)
    MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCAD Training Guide (70-229):
    SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation
    by Thomas Moore (Author), Ed Tittel (Author)
    Edition: Paperback
    Publisher: Que; (March 2003)
    ISBN: 0789729970

    For VB.NET (its not going to be any easier than C#

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...lm=
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...c85&seekm=#OSSUsL3BHA.2484@tkmsftngp07#link10
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=ebe76cbfc5b6ffee&rnum=1

    etc.) consider the Mike Gunderloy titles:

    UAError, May 3, 2004

  3. >What can I say, I'm lazy:

    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 4, 2004