    Any news about this? Please communicate.
    Swaraj
    , May 17, 2006

  2. Cerebrus Guest

    >> Just wondering whether any MCSD.NET exams will be announced to be
    >> retired this coming June.

    >> I wonder whether any exams
    >> in the MCSD.NET track will be retired say in June 2007.

    Why do you sound so desperate for the exams to be retired ??????????
    <Fuming>

    I hope they *never* expire, considering it's taken me *forever* to get
    an MCSD.NET !
    Cerebrus, May 17, 2006

  3. Simon Hart Guest

    I'll drink to that, and I'm not MCSD yet!

    Simon Hart, May 17, 2006
  4. Guest

    Cerebrus wrote:
    > >> Just wondering whether any MCSD.NET exams will be announced to be
    > >> retired this coming June.

    > >> I wonder whether any exams
    > >> in the MCSD.NET track will be retired say in June 2007.

    > Why do you sound so desperate for the exams to be retired ??????????
    > <Fuming>
    >
    > I hope they *never* expire, considering it's taken me *forever* to get
    > an MCSD.NET !

    So many of us who are not yet MCSD.NET certified are wondering whether
    to go directly for MCTS/MCPD. Why bother taking a few exams and later
    the others in the track will be retired?
    Well, don't worry only exams are retired, MCSD.NET certification is FOR
    EVER.
    (provided they still use VS 2002/2003 for ever) Again, why worry I have
    seen many
    apps still being written in VB 3/4.

    Regards,
    Swaraj
    , May 17, 2006
  5. Cerebrus Guest

    >> So many of us who are not yet MCSD.NET certified are wondering whether
    >> to go directly for MCTS/MCPD. Why bother taking a few exams and later
    >> the others in the track will be retired?

    If you're already halfway through, it makes sense to get your MCSD
    first, and then upgrade to MCPD with only 2 papers to give. If you're
    starting out, it makes sense to pursue MCTS or MCPD directly.

    Being an MCSD doesn't seem much use to me, if you're not up to date on
    the latest technologies since that what companies would be looking for.

    I wish technology wouldn't move so fast... It keeps getting one step
    ahead of me, atleast. ;-)

    Sorry, if I'm ranting...

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.