    so what direction should I go? I am thinking start with the MCAD and work my
    way up.

    Thanks in advance for the helps.
    =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?=, Sep 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Adam wrote:

    > I have an Associates degree in Computer Science, and I am currently going for
    > my BA in Software Engineering. I see that both of these certifications are
    > based on the .Net 1.0 and 1.1 frameworks. Are these certifications still
    > worth getting even though they are based on older technology? I also was
    > wondering if a person has to get recertified after a set period of time? I
    > guess my main question is: Is training for the MCAD certification worth it or
    > should I look at some of the .Net 2.0 certification programs. I use Visual
    > Studio .Net 2003 Professional, and Visual Studio .Net 2005. I program in
    > mainly two languages C# and C++. I want to stand out to potential employers,
    > so what direction should I go? I am thinking start with the MCAD and work my
    > way up.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the helps.

    Well, if you're starting out, I see no reason for you to pursue MCAD
    instead of MCTS or MCPD (.NET 2.0). It is obviously better to be
    certified on the latest technology.
    Cerebrus, Sep 7, 2006

  3. That's kind of what I was thinking, thanks for your input.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?=, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Sept. 9, 2006

    Yup... definitely go with .Net 2.0........ there are plenty of exams there
    to keep you busy :).

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 9, 2006
  5. I'm in a similar boat as Adam. I recently graduated with a BS in CS and
    starting working in an environment using C# 1.1. I would like to get my MCAD
    or MCSD certification but I'm afraid that MS will discontinue the tests and I
    will not be able to finish.

    The good thing is that the software I'm working on will upgrade to 2.0
    eventually, so maybe focus on the 2.0 exams...

    So... thanks for the recommendation!

    Marc.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYyBXLg==?=, Sep 21, 2006