MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Paul D., Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Paul D.

    Paul D. Guest

    My training was in VB 4.0, haven't really done any programming since, just
    editing and updating code. But I wanted to pick up my MCSD in VB 6.0. Yes I
    know its old but there are still many companies running NT 4.0. Why? I guess
    they don't want to pay for the upgrade in software and/or hardware. Anyway
    back on track I noticed that Microsoft Visual Studio® 6.0-based exams are
    scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004. This leaves me 3 months to
    complete the exams. I was hoping that someone that has a MCSD in VB6 could
    tell me which order to study for the exams in.

    Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic
    6.0 Exam 70-176

    Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic 6.0 Exam 70-175

    Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures Exam 70-100

    I pick up used copies of MS Press ALS Series and Exam Crams for these 3
    Exams. But I am not sure of what order to study them in. And if there is any
    additional books that I should Study from.

    I also have the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library Set (Component
    Tools Guide, Controls Reference and Language Reference).

    Any guidance would be very much appreciated,

    Paul D.
    Paul D., Apr 1, 2004

  2. >I also have the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library Set (Component
    >Tools Guide, Controls Reference and Language Reference).

    This will give you a lot of what you need to pass the exams.

    It was a long time ago since I took the tests, and I found a fair
    amount of overlap in the topics covered, so plan your studies to
    enable you to take these two exams at the same time.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 1, 2004

  3. >This leaves me 3 months to
    >complete the exams. I was hoping that someone that has a MCSD in VB6 could
    >tell me which order to study for the exams in.

    Three months is no big deal, but only you know the order to take the
    exams which bests suits you.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Paul D.

    Soon Guest

    I pass the test with flying score in 2000. I may still
    have left over study materials. If you still need, please
    let me know.

    Soon, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Take a look at http://www.mcsebraindumps.com/70-176-braindumps.htm - they
    have many tests there for which some websites charge you $50.
    This is definitely doable in 3 months. Took me 22 days to prepare for
    70-176, only evenings plus the above mentioned web site.

    Marko Rukonic, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Paul D.

    Anders Guest

    I did desktop first, then distributed and ended up with
    70-100, went OK
    I would definitely recommend Transcender !

    /Regards Anders
    Anders, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Paul D.

    Andre Guest

    How did you prepare for 70-100? This will be my last test
    to take for before it retire.

    Thanks!

    Andre, Apr 8, 2004
  8. Paul D.

    Paul D. Guest

    Re: MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested <= Many Thanks to all who responded.

    I just wanted to thank all who responded.

    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    What does MCNGP stand for anyways?

    Just Curious,

    Thnaks again to all,

    Paul D.

    Paul D., Apr 8, 2004
  9. Re: MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested <= Many Thanks to all who responded.

    >What does MCNGP stand for anyways?
    >
    >Just Curious,

    Mean Certified News Group Poster

    We are a group of people, formed two and a half years ago, who are
    p*ssed off by the way the certification process, and IT in general,
    has been undermined over the past several years.

    In general we are against brain dumps, cheats, spammers, trolls,
    thieves, scammers and people who are to stupid to be in IT and the
    people who exploit them. We reserve the right to attack (through
    public posts) such 'people' when they appear on these newsgroups.

    Many people are sympathetic with our views, others recognize and
    understand our feelings but feel we go over the top, while others
    think we are a bunch of picks.

    We also have a good sense of humor!

    Our original slogan when something like this: -

    "As the ever expanding IT Industry increases daily with fresh bootcamp
    lamers, braindumpers and plummeting passing scores from other
    certification vendors, an elite new certification has risen from the
    sludge that has become the IT talent pool."

    You don't see to much 'MCNGP' activity in this ng, however the
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse ng, it's a different story.....

    Good luck in your pursuits .

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 9, 2004
  10. Paul D.

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested <= Many Thanks to all who responded.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere opined, On 4/9/04 8:48 AM:
    , while others
    > think we are a bunch of picks.

    I, personally, resent being called a pick! I have never been a pick, nor
    have I ever associated with known picks. If I ever find the individual
    that called me a pick, he would receive a sound thrashing, I assure you!
    Why, I have been known to...excuse me....it was a typo?... Oh. Never mind.

    JaR
    Ranting Thug
    MCNGP XXII
    JaR, Apr 9, 2004
  11. Re: MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested <= Many Thanks to all who responded.

    >I, personally, resent being called a pick! I have never been a pick, nor
    >have I ever associated with known picks. If I ever find the individual
    >that called me a pick, he would receive a sound thrashing, I assure you!
    >Why, I have been known to...excuse me....it was a typo?... Oh. Never mind.

    lol!

    You should know by now that my grammatical prowess's are sadly
    lacking!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 9, 2004
  12. Paul D.

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested <= Many Thanks to all who responded.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere opined, On 4/9/04 9:39 AM:

    > lol!
    >
    > You should know by now that my grammatical prowess's are sadly
    > lacking!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    And here I though it was a slanted reference to my daily battles with
    this $%#*8 Pick Database ;-)

    JaR
    MultiValued Thug
    JaR, Apr 9, 2004