    their products)?

    I guess I know the answer. However, It does not cost much to ask ;-)

    José
    José Joye, Sep 17, 2004

  2. José Joye

    Hermit Dave Guest

    in theory just the certification is enough to state that you know enough.
    but in reality... hmmmm not so sure it works that way.

    anyways i dont believe in doing anything specially certification for
    rewards... i am good at what i do.. certification helps (get more hands on
    and indepth knowledge on how it works from the inside)

    that my friend is your reward from MS

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 17, 2004

  3. José Joye

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd, José Joye climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > I just completed my last exam related to MCSD.
    > ....and was asking myself:
    > How does MS reward us of getting this certification (and
    > promoting
    > their products)?
    >
    > I guess I know the answer. However, It does not cost much to ask ;-)
    >

    > José

    You are gonna get a spiffy cert with a copy fo Unca Bill's signature
    printed on it,[0] and a way cool chick magnet lapel pin to wear on the
    opposite lapel from your MCP pin.[1] Job offers and acclaim will flood in
    from all over the world.[2]

    [0]suitable for framing
    [1]some wear them in their pierced nipples but YMMV
    [2]OK, that last was BS.

    JaR
    JaR, Sep 17, 2004
  4. > How does MS reward us of getting this certification (and promoting
    >their products)?

    by allowing you to repeat the process all over again in few years
    time....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 17, 2004
  5. >Job offers and acclaim will flood in
    >from all over the world.[2]

    .... with starting salaries in excess of $250K

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 17, 2004
  6. Hi Jose,

    I don't see how completing MCSD "promotes" Microsoft products unless you are
    in a management position where you can choose the tools your group will
    develop software with.

    You might want to read http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp
    where it links to "Benefits for Individuals" and "Benefits for
    Organizations."

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Sep 17, 2004
  7. José Joye

    Guest Guest

    Bragging rights at work, chicks dig it, looks good on a resume, lapel pin,
    chicks dig it ...

    Guest, Sep 18, 2004
  8. José Joye

    José Joye Guest

    Nice, this is the kind of guess I had :))

    José

    José Joye, Sep 18, 2004