MCSD Future? Re: SQL Server upgrades.

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3QXVzc2ll?=, May 23, 2005.

  1. MS are keeping quite re: whether your MCSD or MCAD certs will require either
    a full re-sit, and intermediate re-sit or nothing at all when .Net 2.0 is
    released. What I would like to know is if you will still get some sort of
    recognition for a .Net 1.1 MCAD + SQL Server 2005? I won't have the time to
    start looking at SQL cert until Feb next year, but I'm afraid I'll need to
    study an outdated exam (ie SQL server 2000) just to achieve MCSD.....it's not
    an easy issue.

    My suggestion would be that the cert recognises a level of commitment
    towards learning and you should achieve the latest higher level recognition
    that existed when you sat the last of your exams in the series. To a certain
    pov, I think someone who started MCSD when .Net was first released and
    completed it when 2.0 was released *is no less valuable* than an all .Net 1
    or .Net 2 certification.
    Andrew

    PS: Also I'm fearfull that the certification status will be devalued if it's
    turned into a disposible product. What is the life-cycle of the MCSD for
    this series ( < 3 years). Everyone has known the new releases are comming so
    the temptation is to hold off, at the same time it's only usefull to you if
    you get vertified early in the release life-cycle so its perceived value is
    increased. Not to mention that businesses usually don't adopt technologies
    early so getting real world experience usually won't happen until 6 mo after
    the initial release......
    </fearfull rant>
    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3QXVzc2ll?=, May 23, 2005

  2. From the webcast that I recently attended for MCAD preparation, this is the
    information I heard from MS people. There will be new MCAD/MCSD cert track
    for .Net 2.0 and MS will be offering an upgrade path for existing cert
    holders on these track. They also said you can expect the exams in beta
    around the end of this year (ofcourse that's assuming MS still releases
    VS.Net 2005 in summer !).

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFqYQ==?=, May 31, 2005