    is applicable to me at this time but 2.0 is not therefore making the MCSD my
    first choice.

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBT?=, Aug 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBT?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Mark S wrote:

    > Has the MCSD in .NET 1.1 been replaced yet completely with the 2.0?
    > If not how long will the 1.1 be around until it is "upgraded" and no longer
    > a valid certification?

    The MCSD has not been replaced and will not be replaced in the near
    future (atleast according to MS ! ;-)) But personally, I don't think it
    will last more than 5 more years. Even if the cert is not phased out,
    hardly anyone will go in for it at that time, and almost all existing
    MCSD's will probably have upgraded. That should be enough time for
    everyone to upgrade.

    > My company uses .NET 1.1 and is not able to upgrade to 2.0, so naturally 1.1
    > is applicable to me at this time but 2.0 is not therefore making the MCSD my
    > first choice.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You're welcome.

    Cerebrus, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Chris Mullins, Aug 28, 2006
  4. Sept. 1, 2006

    I can't add much to what other people have said... other than you can tell
    when you've got <1 year left for a certification exam......... MSFT says
    they will let you know 1 year in advance of discontinuing an MCP exam by
    emailing you through the MCP flash newsletter.... or you can check it
    periodically at this website:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp

    Hope this helps!
    --