    hopeing for a quick reply
    thanks
    sender

    sender, Jun 9, 2004

  2. "sender" wrote:

    > i am about to start mcsd 70-306 exam preperation, i have
    > teken down the informations available on
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp. can
    > any body help me in knowing what is the best procrdure i
    > must follow. shall i follow msdn only or can u prescribed
    > any book(i am following vb.net programming giud 2nd
    > editon).
    > hopeing for a quick reply
    > thanks
    > sender

    1. Good primer book on .NET: Applied Microsoft .NET programming, by Jeffrery Richter (you want the VB.NET version with Francesco Balena) - this will set you up for all of the examinations and for future reference.

    2. Any respectable self-study guide will do. I used the Microsoft Press versions for all of the C# and VB.NET examinations. Judging by reports there are even better ones out there.

    3. Use this guys links to MSDN: (www.codeclinic.com) too.

    How quickly you get up to speed for the exam depends on your experience really.
    Other than that, the examinations are pretty easy really and if you follow the examination requirements and do a couple of weeks study you should be ok.

    =?Utf-8?B?S29maSBOaW1vaA==?=, Jun 9, 2004

  3. sender

    Me2 Guest

    You should know that all the coding exams, 310/320, 305/315, and 306/316,
    have four areas covered on the exams in common.

    These areas are:
    ADO.Net
    Error Handling
    Security
    Deployment

    You must learn ADO.Net and some basic SQL statements in order to get your
    MCAD. If you anticipate taking the SQL 2000 exam as your elective for the
    MCSD, then you will need to have a deeper knowledge. Additionally, it may
    be helpful if you take the SQL elective as your first study/exam. In any
    case, you will need additional materials to bring you up to speed on this
    integral part of the .Net architecture.

    The other areas are covered in most exam prep materials.

    Each of the exams will cover additional areas dealing with the specific area
    of the exam.

    Have fun,

    Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCAD .Net, MCDBA 2000, MCSE 2000, CCNA
    "Every man is born into the world to do something unique and something
    distinctive,
    and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done."
    -- Dr. Benjamin E. Mays

    Me2, Jun 9, 2004
  4. sender

    Eric Guest

    sender wrote:

    > i am about to start mcsd 70-306 exam preperation, i have
    > teken down the informations available on
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp. can
    > any body help me in knowing what is the best procrdure i
    > must follow. shall i follow msdn only or can u prescribed
    > any book(i am following vb.net programming giud 2nd
    > editon).
    > hopeing for a quick reply
    > thanks
    > sender

    You should use the Gunderloy Training Guides for all 3 VB.NET tests.

    Eric, Jun 9, 2004
  5. sender

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jun 16, 2004