MCSd exam help

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Rahul Chatterjee, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. After reading thru quite a few postings, I am still trying to understand
    what would be the best route to study for the MCSD/MCDBA exams, which exams
    to take first and what materials to refer to while studying.

    I used to work quite extensively on VB6 and ASP and SQL a few years ago but
    have been programming in legacy languages lately (PL/B). From my
    understanding of reading newsgroups and other material, the new
    certifications are all pertaining to the .NET environment.

    I would like to know what would be the best practice that I would need to
    follow to prep for the exams (I would like to go for the MCDBA track
    eventually). I take it that a lot of actual hands on experience is required
    to grasp the concepts of .NET. What else could I use to learn more in the
    absence of such experience?

    Also are there any sites that allow **Free** downloads of transcenders for
    VB.NET, SQL, etc

    Finally, the SQL server certification exam if I were to appear for it, would
    it be useless (considering a new version is scheduled for release shortly)

    Please advise

    Thanks
    Rahul Chatterjee, Nov 16, 2004