MCSD exam centers

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John, May 24, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi all, I would like to sit some Microsoft exams but cannot seem to find a
    place in New Zealand (Wellington would be good) that simply offers the
    exams. All the places seem to want to make you do a five day course at $2500
    and then have you sit the exam. I just want to turn up on the day and sit
    the exam without doing the course..

    Does such a place exist? Also, given the following aspects

    My qualification/ experience:
    Degree in Computer Science
    Five years commercial experience (2 years in .NET)

    Cost of MCSD:
    $5000 - $10000

    Is it worth spending the above $$ to get this qualification? Are they
    actually worth anything to employers?

    Thanks in advance
    Mark

    John, May 24, 2004

  2. John

    Enkidu Guest

    You have to book the exams through Prometric, I think.
    www.prometric.com

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 24, 2004

  3. John

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:11:55 +1000, John wrote:

    > Does such a place exist? Also, given the following aspects

    Yup, that's probably how most people sit them. Wellington had 2 or 3 exam
    centres to choose from.

    The exams were between $100-200 last time I did them - which was a while
    ago now. Although they were the systems exams, not the developer ones -
    there might be a price difference.

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., May 24, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    Thanks Cliff
    Regards
    Mark

    John, May 24, 2004
  5. "John" <> wrote in message news:c8sasg$j0r$...
    > Hi all, I would like to sit some Microsoft exams but cannot seem to find a
    > place in New Zealand (Wellington would be good) that simply offers the
    > exams. All the places seem to want to make you do a five day course at
    > $2500
    > and then have you sit the exam. I just want to turn up on the day and sit
    > the exam without doing the course..
    >
    > Does such a place exist? Also, given the following aspects
    >
    > My qualification/ experience:
    > Degree in Computer Science
    > Five years commercial experience (2 years in .NET)
    >
    > Cost of MCSD:
    > $5000 - $10000
    >
    > Is it worth spending the above $$ to get this qualification? Are they
    > actually worth anything to employers?

    Of course they're worth something. :)
    You're probably better off self-studying for the MCSD then sit the exams
    directly, save yourself a packet

    The exam testing centres are administered by Prometric and VUE, both have
    testing centers in Wellington

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/register/default.asp

    Nathan Mercer, May 25, 2004