    articles, websites, links, practice tests, etc., would be
    greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone, keep up the good
    work.
    Jarett Weber, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Jarett Weber

    Matt Hawley Guest

    First off, you're not an idiot, well from my perspective since I don't know you ;) However, from what I hear this test is more difficult from all the others. I'm going to be taking it myself in the near future, possibly after I finish my training in 2 weeks for it. The bright side is that now you know what is on the test, so you can hone your skills well enough based on what you remember to pass with flying colors.

    I do suggest start programming in .NET, and maybe go towards 70-305/315 and/or 70-306/316 first. These (from what you explained) will give you the background you need for 70-300.

    Matt Hawley, MCAD .NET
    http://www.eworldui.net

    I was wondering if anyone had some input on scoring
    better on the 70-300. I used the Microsoft Press books
    and software, but they are worthless. The test is in an
    entirely different format than the practice tests and the
    test wants more technology and tool answers (ex. Using
    ASP.NET, system.resource.debug.whatever to log an event,
    etc.). I thought it would be based more on ideas and
    concepts of design and database type stuff (like the
    Microsoft Press stuff suggests) as opposed to what tools
    to use. I needed a 700 and I got a 466. This is the
    first test I've tried to take and am not real familiar
    with .NET yet. I figured with my backround in C++
    development (a couple years of schooling), I could learn
    the new stuff on the run. Maybe I went about this all
    wrong. Maybe I'm an idiot. Any feedback as far as
    Matt Hawley, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Jarett Weber

    David Guest

    1. Pass 70-229 first because more than 50% of questions in
    70-300 are database related.
    2. Go through Exam Cram 2 qickly to understand the
    concepts of the software lifecycle from MS point of view.
    3. Try and study exams from trancender (spend most of your
    time on exams).

    David, Apr 20, 2004