    currently I have a lot of VB6 and SQL 2000 Experience and am a Programmer,
    But I need to update my knowledge and credentials, is this best route?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?RWluZXd0b24=?=, May 21, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RWluZXd0b24=?=

    Guest

    You know, you ask a question and then you say that all the MS info is
    BS, so not sure that anyone can really help you.

    For info about what you need to take to pass the certification you DO
    need to look at the MS site, sorry about that.

    As for the worth of the certification, I am a freelance consultant and
    having the MS Cert helps a lot, it makes you stand out when they are
    deciding who to interview, but you sill have to prove yourself at the
    interview stage. I imaging it is much the same with permanent roles.

    Someone else can answer if the VB6 exams are still available, most
    people now are going for MCSD.Net or the new 2005 track.

    Please post the link to this Indian site, I am interested in what you
    are getting at. Are you saying they are selling the cert without you
    having to do the exams? It is more likely to be a boot camp.
    Neil

    , May 21, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RWluZXd0b24=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Einewton,

    >> Some person was selling legitimate certifications from a testing site in
    >> India. WTF??? This means that these certificates have no worth. I can't get a
    >> job if the certification is worth nothing. Please advice on this.

    I suppose you are talking about Vinay's posts. *That* is the post you
    should consider to be bu||sh!t. He is a known scammer trying to fool
    people and get their money. And according to some of my friends, who
    checked the IP and stuff, that person is posting from Hawaii.

    The certifications do still have worth, inspite of the efforts of such
    scammers and Br@indumpers to dilute that value.

    >> Besides taking the online courses and what not, what is truly the best way
    >> to go about getting this certification. And what is the true worth of this
    >> certification?

    There is no best way, I suppose. Everyone has his own way, that works
    best for that person. But generally speaking, develop the required
    skills, practice a lot, thoroughly study the recommended study guides,
    and check MSDN for conceptual matters.

    The true worth of the certification is what you make it to be. If you
    acheive the certification, but don't have the skill required for the
    job, it diminishes the value of your certification.

    As Neil already said, most people go in for the .NET certifications
    now. You might find it more beneficial to upgrade your skills to .NET
    and then certify yourself as a proof of those skills.

    Regards,

    Cerebrus [MCSD.NET]

    Cerebrus, May 21, 2006
  4. Well said. Adding to that ...

    If you have no experience, go for entry level jobs since employers won't consider your certification alone to justify a mid to senior level pay anyway. You would be better off without the certification in that case because you haven't wasted your money. Besides, like the previous post said, you still have to pass the technical interview. And, certification does not help at all in there. You might even get brain-lock, which I have done before. Don't want to go there.

    On the other hand, if you're in the field and have made descent money, but you want to go for the big bucks, certification is the catalyst to get your career to that next level.

    As for Indians, I have had mixed experiences with them. But, generally they are very savvy and slick people when it comes to business. I would not doubt anything they have been accused of, not to mention certification scams.

    -Classified Public, MCSD.NET CompTIA A+

    classified public, May 21, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RWluZXd0b24=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Classified Public,

    I am an Indian, FYI.

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 21, 2006
  6. Pardon the expression, society's undesirables can be found in any culture.

    Leonard Martin, MCSD.NET . CompTIA A+
    Cell: (484) 375-3344

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message news:...
    Classified Public,

    I am an Indian, FYI.

    Cerebrus.

    classified public, May 21, 2006
  7. Neil, Classified, Cerebrus,

    Thanks for your reply's and have satisfied my concerns, You make it what it
    is, I've done some C#/VB .NET development and find it to be "Cool" it seem
    that it's the way of the future and that's the direction I want to move. I've
    got many new projects ahead and want to start them on the right foot, and
    ..NET seems the way.

    I've discussed with my boss, and he is willing to pay for the certification
    training and tests. I think that MCSD.net will be my next step.

    Cerebrus, I didn’t mean to say anything bad about your culture, it’s just
    referring to the “vinay†post. I’ve quoted it below, I work with many people
    from India, and they are very business savvy.

    Thanks for your help guys.

    QUOTE FROM SCAM POST I SAW On this forum

    "FRIENDS
    Here i m going to tell you the fastest way to get
    MICROSOFT,CISCO,COMPTIA,ORACLE,SOLAIS certified without efforts......

    friends i have five vue and prometric testing sites here in
    INDIA.......so, i will do the exams on the behalf of the candidates,
    make them pass and charge some extra amount from them.........
    see i need ur some details then i will book ur exam on my testing site,

    make u pass in exam then send scoresheet to you....by using that
    scoresheet u will easily able to check ur exam status online on related

    note :- PAY AFTER CONFIRMATION OPTION IS ONLY AVALIABLE ONLY FOR
    MICROSOFT TESTS...

    official secure site.....
    when u will check ur exam status online only then send me payment
    through western union money transfer.......

    what details i need from the candidates :-

    1. candidate full name(that he wants to appear on his scoresheet and
    certificate)
    2. candidate full address(for certificatio delivery)
    3. candidate passport or driving liciense scan copy(as photo id proof)
    4. candidate landline as well as cell number(with country code)
    5. correct exam numbers.......

    so, if anyone is really intrested in this then jsut mail me these
    details then he will be certified within a week....

    rates :-

    any microsoft exam :- 300 usd(including exam fee)
    ccna exam :- 600 usd(including exam fee) ----half payment in advance
    ccnp each exam :- 700 usd(inlcduing exam fee) ------half payment in
    advance

    note :- pay after confirmation option is only avaliable for MICROSOFT
    tests..

    so.if anyone intrested in this just mail me at
    or
    u can also catch me on chat on my both messengers...
    thanzzzzzzzzzz friends
    vinay"
    =============================

    =?Utf-8?B?RWluZXd0b24=?=, May 22, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RWluZXd0b24=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    To anyone else who reads this post :

    Please refrain from quoting Vinay's post. I know yeh all are outraged,
    but by quoting it, you increase the exposure it gets. As it is, the
    idiot (Vinay) posts here atleast once a week. If necessary, provide a
    link to the said post. I say this because this is probably the third
    time this has happened.

    To Einewton and Leonard,

    No offense taken, guys. You're right, Leonard, about society's
    undesirables. But that's a euphemism for this "GIT" !!!

    Have a good one,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 22, 2006
  9. dear sir
    i'm guru charan.did my engineering in electrical branch and got very less
    percentage (54.7%),passout of 2005.I worked as a marketting executive for the
    last 9 months and now i decided to quit my job and change my career to
    software side.so I joined in an institute for c and .NET course.i know with
    this percentage its difficult for me to grow in this field ,,but i believe
    some experts in this community help me to tell me the path i hto follow to
    excell in this software field.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3VydQ==?=, May 29, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RWluZXd0b24=?=

    Guest

    I take it that this scam has been reported to MS?

    Neil

    , May 30, 2006