    slayeek Guest

    Why Microsoft want close this(MCSD Visual C++)
    certification?
    slayeek, Nov 22, 2003

  2. slayeek

    Paul Robson Guest

    slayeek wrote:
    > Why Microsoft want close this(MCSD Visual C++)
    > certification?

    Presumably to move as many people as possible onto languages they
    effectively control totally.
    Paul Robson, Nov 23, 2003

  3. slayeek

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Presumably to move as many people as possible onto languages they
    >effectively control totally.

    Yep, C++ is not proprietary where as vb & c# are.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 23, 2003
  4. slayeek

    Joe Guest

    you are absolutely right.

    "Paul Robson" <> wrote in
    message news:bpq5kv$oqh$...

    Joe, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Kline Sphere wrote:

    >>Presumably to move as many people as possible onto languages they
    >>effectively control totally.

    > Yep, C++ is not proprietary where as vb & c# are.

    I thought C# had been pushed through the ECMA.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 24, 2003
  6. slayeek

    Leszek Guest

    I also heard the C# and a part of .NET platform is an ECMA standard. Any
    company can grab the specification and create their own tools, compilers,
    translators, etc.

    BTW: ECMA refused to standarized Java a few years ago, so go for .NET and
    C#!

    Anyway I passed MSDN exams for VC++ last year and I am happy with it. There
    are plenty of so called legacy code (eg. COM components) that I have to deal
    with. If I did not have any knowledge about this stuff I would have really
    hard time even though I am developing for .NET right now.

    Leszek Taratuta

    "General Protection Fault" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Leszek, Nov 24, 2003
  7. slayeek

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I thought C# had been pushed through the ECMA.

    I has been. So was ActiveX - for while, until ms chucked all their
    toys out of the pram.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 24, 2003
  8. slayeek

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I also heard the C# and a part of .NET platform is an ECMA standard. Any
    >company can grab the specification and create their own tools, compilers,
    >translators, etc.

    I wonder how much money those companies that produced COM for Unix
    made?
    Kline Sphere, Nov 24, 2003
  9. slayeek

    Guest Guest

    What does this mean?

    >until ms chucked all their
    >toys out of the pram.

    C# chucked out of the pram too?

    (C# pushed through the ECMA.)

    Guest, Nov 24, 2003
  10. slayeek

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >C# chucked out of the pram too?

    If too many changes are recommenced which ms do not agree to, then yes
    the same will happen; they will take their new toy away so no one else
    can play with it.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 24, 2003