    for the MCSD but I was told by some people that there is
    no diference and that you do not put the VB or C# labal
    on the cert.
    Guest, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Guest

    Eric Guest

    There are separate tests for VB and C#, but the tests are very
    similar. The only real difference is the syntax used in the code
    segments.

    The tests are not really focusing on language features. They are
    designed to test your ability to use the language with the 3 core
    areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web Services and Remoting.

    If you can pass a VB.NET test (like 70-305), I think you can pass the
    equivalent C# test (70-315), and vice-versa.

    Eric
    Eric, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    >-----ԭʼÏûÏ¢-----
    >Hello I got what some might think is a really dum
    >question. My understanding is that with Microsoft
    >certifications you add the version number with the cert.
    >For example MCSENT MCSE2000 MCSE 2003 ect.
    > Anyway with the MCAD and MCSD is there a cert for each
    >lang or just one?
    > I thought there was MCAD VB and a MCADC# then the

    same

    Guest, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    > They are
    >designed to test your ability to use the language with

    the 3 core
    >areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web Services

    and Remoting.

    Isn't that 4 ?
    Guest, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Guest

    Yahoo496 Guest

    Looks like 4 but are really 3, if you wanna read :).

    Yahoo496, Dec 12, 2003
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    & what would you have me read ?

    Lord of the Rings is a book I have always enjoyed :eek:)

    Guest, Dec 12, 2003
  7. Guest

    Yahoo496 Guest

    read again "...with the 3 core areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web
    Services and Remoting."
    Let's divide the sentence for you:
    1 - Windows forms,
    2 - Web Forms,
    3 - Web Services and Remoting

    I bought Lord of the Rings trilogy, too. And yes there were 4 books, nothing
    is perfect :( . The forth one was "The Hobbit".

    In our case you can say that the forth core area could be the SQL Server :)

    Yahoo496, Dec 12, 2003
  8. Guest

    Eric Guest

    >read again "...with the 3 core areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web
    >Services and Remoting."
    >Let's divide the sentence for you:
    >1 - Windows forms,
    >2 - Web Forms,
    >3 - Web Services and Remoting

    Remoting and Web Services are similar (from a functional point of
    view), so they are tested together in one test.

    VB.NET
    1 = test 70-306
    2 = test 70-305
    3 = test 70-310

    C#
    1 = test 70-316
    2 = test 70-315
    3 = test 70-320

    The SQL Server Database Design test (this is the most popular test of
    the avail choices for MCAD): 70-229

    To get MCAD, most of us take test 1 or 2 (either 1 or 2), test 3, and
    70-229. For MCSD, you will normally take tests 1 through 3, 70-229,
    and 70-300.

    Eric
    Eric, Dec 15, 2003
  9. Guest

    Yahoo496 Guest

    You are a little wrong.

    You can take:
    1 = test 70-306 or 70-316
    2 = test 70-305 or 70-315
    3 = test 70-310 or 70-320
    and become a MCAD.

    Of course you can substitute #1 or #2 with test 070-229 with the same
    result.
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp

    Yahoo496, Dec 15, 2003
  10. Guest

    Geoff Guest

    Yes, similar cos Web Services are built on top of
    Remoting and so a further extension of it.
    Geoff, Dec 16, 2003