    question pattern? is it objective type? and also i wanted to how many
    questions? And i wanted to know weightage for each lesson.

    I truly appreciate your help.
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=, Jul 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Shruthi wrote:
    > I'm planning to take 70-306 this month. i'm new to .NET. I'm studing MCSD
    > self paced training kit from Matthew A.Stoecker. I wanted to know what is the
    > question pattern? is it objective type? and also i wanted to how many
    > questions? And i wanted to know weightage for each lesson.
    >
    > I truly appreciate your help.

    Q. what is the question pattern?
    A. Objective.

    Q. Is it objective type?
    A. Yes.

    Q. i wanted to how many questions?
    A. The number varies from 35-55.

    Q. i wanted to know weightage for each lesson
    A. Sorry, I didn't carry a weighing machine with me, when I gave the
    exams.
    Cerebrus, Jul 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    CaffieneRush Guest

    If you have the same MCAD/MCSD self-paced training kit as I have then
    most of the answers to your questions are in the 'About This Book'
    section in the beginning of each book.

    The CD that comes with the kit contains some sample exam questions
    which can give you a flavor of the real exam (multiple choice, case
    studies, select and place etc).

    Honestly, I don't know the weighting of the skills being tested. The
    online preparation guide for 70-306
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp just lists the
    skills that MS is testing against - this skillset is also listed in the
    'About This Book' section of the books in the kit.

    Regards

    CaffieneRush, Jul 10, 2006
  4. Thanks a lot.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=, Jul 10, 2006
  5. Thanks Cerebrus.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=, Jul 10, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    SP Guest

    Are you suggesting that they don't provide weighing machine at the centre?
    Does it mean that I'll have to carry my own to the exam.

    SP, Jul 11, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    CaffieneRush Guest

    >From the context of the OP, you know that he meant to say weighting
    when he said weightage.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:weighting &btnG=Google Search

    On the internet where the de facto lingua franca is English and where
    English is a lot of posters' second or third language - I think the
    meaning of Shruthi's questions was clear.
    Just as I think that Cerebrus meant to say 'I took the exams' when he
    said 'I gave the exams' (where I come from, the examiner gives the exam
    and the exam candidate takes or sits the exam. ;)

    But English is used differently in differently parts of the world. For
    example, US politicians 'run for office' while UK politicians 'stand
    for office' which means exactly the same thing. So perhaps Cerebrus is
    correct about giving an exam.

    Regards,
    Andy

    CaffieneRush, Jul 11, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    SP wrote:
    > Are you suggesting that they don't provide weighing machine at the centre?
    > Does it mean that I'll have to carry my own to the exam.

    Only if you're hell bent on determining the "weightage"... ;-)
    Cerebrus, Jul 12, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    CaffieneRush wrote:
    > >From the context of the OP, you know that he meant to say weighting

    > when he said weightage.
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:weighting &btnG=Google Search
    >
    > On the internet where the de facto lingua franca is English and where
    > English is a lot of posters' second or third language - I think the
    > meaning of Shruthi's questions was clear.
    > Just as I think that Cerebrus meant to say 'I took the exams' when he
    > said 'I gave the exams' (where I come from, the examiner gives the exam
    > and the exam candidate takes or sits the exam. ;)
    >
    > But English is used differently in differently parts of the world. For
    > example, US politicians 'run for office' while UK politicians 'stand
    > for office' which means exactly the same thing. So perhaps Cerebrus is
    > correct about giving an exam.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andy

    Yes, I AM correct when I say "giving an exam".

    And the meaning of Shruthi's question was very clear to me as well.
    Probably more so, since she is also from India (as the name suggests to
    me). It was a little joke, and I guess your Humour meter is broken.
    Cerebrus, Jul 12, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    CaffieneRush Guest

    OK, I'll take you at your word that it was meant in good humor. But it
    looked like SP was 'piling in' on your joke.
    Remember there is a fine line between cruelty and humor.
    Without a tone of voice, emoticons and/or body language to indicate
    otherwise, it would seem that Shruthi's English was being mocked.

    > Yes, I AM correct when I say "giving an exam".

    Well, what else can I say now that you've insisted in capitals that
    you're correct :)
    See? The emoticon at the end indicates I was making a funny ;)

    CaffieneRush, Jul 12, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    CaffieneRush wrote:
    > OK, I'll take you at your word that it was meant in good humor. But it
    > looked like SP was 'piling in' on your joke.
    > Remember there is a fine line between cruelty and humor.
    > Without a tone of voice, emoticons and/or body language to indicate
    > otherwise, it would seem that Shruthi's English was being mocked.
    >
    > > Yes, I AM correct when I say "giving an exam".

    > Well, what else can I say now that you've insisted in capitals that
    > you're correct :)
    > See? The emoticon at the end indicates I was making a funny ;)

    Thank you for that quick crash course on netiquette. ;-)

    BTW, it was not Shruthi's english, but the validity of the question
    that was being mocked. There is no published list of comparative
    weightage of exam topics, and someone does post it, then it amounts to
    a blatant violation of the Exam NDA.
    Cerebrus, Jul 13, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    CaffieneRush Guest

    > Thank you for that quick crash course on netiquette. ;-)

    You're welcome.
    No wait.. you were being sarcastic, right?

    > There is no published list of comparative
    > weightage of exam topics, and someone does post it, then it amounts to
    > a blatant violation of the Exam NDA.

    I see it is not beyond your ability to be precise and clear.
    Unfortunately, there are still a few mistakes that muddies it's
    meaning.
    Let's see if the sentence can be made even clearer.

    > Microsoft does not publish a list of each exam's topic's comparative weight. If someone posts one, then it amounts to a blatant violation of the exam's NDA.

    Andy
    CaffieneRush, Jul 13, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    CaffieneRush Guest

    After sleeping on it, I realise I'm starting to enjoy this exchange too
    much and I don't like that part of me.
    Besides, you seem to be one of the good guys. Therefore, I'll try to
    keep on topic in the future.

    Andy
    CaffieneRush, Jul 14, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?U2hydXRoaQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    CaffieneRush wrote:
    > After sleeping on it, I realise I'm starting to enjoy this exchange too
    > much and I don't like that part of me.
    > Besides, you seem to be one of the good guys. Therefore, I'll try to
    > keep on topic in the future.
    >
    > Andy

    I feel the same about you. No wonder I'm not enjoying this banter.
    Anyway, have a good day.
    Cerebrus, Jul 14, 2006