MCSD - 70-305 Self Paced Training

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Rochelle, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Rochelle

    Rochelle Guest

    Hello,

    I have a question regarding Virutal Dirs and VS .Net that
    hopefully someone can help me with.

    Chap 2 of this book deals with setting up Virtual Dirs
    and then creating them as subwebs using FPSEs' so VS .Net
    can create and maintain Web apps in the new "folder".

    1) I am good to go on creating VD and Subwebs and checked
    them. (know my setup is correct because creating a Web
    Project from VS and saving it creates my VD automatically
    and all is correct. I know I can do it this way but want
    to know how to do it other way around too as in the book!
    (ie - create VD's first then, save new projects)
    2) So, I have a VD subweb http://(localhost)/MyProject in
    IIS which maps to local dir c:\Projects but when I go to
    create a new Web Project in VS and save.. I can see my
    new VD but I get the following error on save

    "The default Web access mode for this project is set to
    file share, but the project folder
    at 'http://localhost/MyProject' cannot be
    opened with the path 'c:\MyProjects'. The error returned
    was:

    Unable to create Web Project "MyProject". The UNC
    share 'c:\MyProjects' does not exist or you do not have
    access.

    Any help most appreciated.

    Thanks
    Rochelle