  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?
    Guest, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Guest

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well lets see... indigo merges a whole lot of things together... so they
    should atleast re-introduce a new cert to reflect that in 2006 (so maybe a
    new webservices and server components exam).... but your guess is as good as
    mine (hopefully)... and we shall find out...

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    Hermit Dave, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Guest

    Eric Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?

    I personally think they will. ASP.NET 2.0 has a lot of changes, and
    even the code-behind model has changed. 1.1 code still works in
    Whidbey, but they really want us to use the new components for new page
    designs. They don't even have some of the old components in the ToolBox
    (but they are present for pre-existing applications to use).

    Web Services have changed a lot. WSE 2 adds a lot of new functionality,
    even without considering Indigo.

    They haven't announced any changes yet. It might be 6 months to a year
    before we see the changes.

    Eric
    Eric, Sep 10, 2004
  4. >Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?

    wait until VS 2007 or VS 2009

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Guest

    Jay Walters Guest

    WSE 2.0 is a developer add-on ... it will probably never
    be in an exam.

    I really don't see a lot of changes in the framework, yes
    new controls and what not, but none of those are in the
    exams either.

    2.0 feels more like 1.2

    Jay Walters, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Guest

    Eric Guest

    Jay Walters wrote:

    > WSE 2.0 is a developer add-on ... it will probably never
    > be in an exam.

    But the standards implemented by WSE2 are very important, as is the
    Basic Profile. I'm sure that these will be on future tests, perhaps
    after the release of 2.0. It won't be an "add-on" after 2.0 is
    released, but they might have further releases of WSE.

    The Web Service standards are still being defined, so MS needs to
    release support for these in increments.

    > I really don't see a lot of changes in the framework, yes
    > new controls and what not, but none of those are in the
    > exams either.

    They're not on the exams yet...

    > 2.0 feels more like 1.2

    I was thinking it felt more like 3.0. They didn't just change the
    framework, but all core areas have significant changes.

    And the development experience with VS 2005 is almost completely
    different. The IDE is a lot smarter, and we don't have to spend so much
    time on common coding as we do today.

    And we haven't even discussed SQL Server 2005 ...

    Eric
    Eric, Sep 14, 2004
  7. so you think one will better off taking 70-316 right now, since the biggest
    change is in ASP.NET which will cause 70-315 to change?

    --
    Regards,

    Jose Luis Manners
    http://ireflect.blogspot.com/

    "Encuentra felicidad en tu trabajo o nunca serás feliz."
    Cristóbal Colón

    Jose Luis Manners, Sep 23, 2004
  8. Guest

    Eric Guest

    Jose Luis Manners wrote:

    > so you think one will better off taking 70-316 right now, since the
    > biggest change is in ASP.NET which will cause 70-315 to change?

    There have been the least number of changes in Windows Forms, but the
    IDE itself has some changes that affect the way you write Windows Forms
    programs.

    I think you should take the test you are the most prepared for. And do
    what you can without worrying about the future.

    After the dust settles on the VS 2005 rollout, they may just have 1
    upgrade test to cover all of the areas.

    It's too far away to worry about it now. Do whatever you can do to help
    your career right now.

    Eric
    Eric, Sep 23, 2004
  9. thanks. will do.

    Jose Luis Manners, Sep 23, 2004
  10. I think the answer is yes. There will be new exams for MCSD 2005.

    There was a webcast by Jacob Cynamon, MSDN Developer Community Champion,
    who said that there would be new exams for VS2005.

    You can hear this for yourself on

    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/W...lture=en-US&EventID=1032262502&CountryCode=US

    The webcast is entitled:
    Preparing for your next MCAD or MCSD exam—Level 200

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBHZXVydGplbnM=?=, Nov 17, 2004