    need to figure out what kind of jobs to look for
    and appreciate every hint I can get it doing so.
    Thanks!!!

    Rene', Mar 21, 2005

  2. Rene'

    CBIC Guest

    Rene' wrote:
    > Hey there guys.
    > I am a newly educated MCSA which is
    > starting to look for a job here in the United
    > States. I know that I am fresh to the game and
    > need to figure out what kind of jobs to look for
    > and appreciate every hint I can get it doing so.
    > Thanks!!!

    try here:
    www.bkcareers.com
    Good Luck
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Rene'

    Nocturnal Guest

    Monster.com, careerbuilder.com, dice.com, hotjobs.com, and try searching for
    a local job bank in your state through google.com.

    Nocturnal, Mar 22, 2005
  4. "Rene'" wrote:

    > Hey there guys.
    > I am a newly educated MCSA which is
    > starting to look for a job here in the United
    > States. I know that I am fresh to the game and
    > need to figure out what kind of jobs to look for
    > and appreciate every hint I can get it doing so.
    > Thanks!!!
    > First off...welcome to the USA!!!

    Secondly...try posting your resume on Monster.Com and a few of the other
    MAJOR job boards.
    Also...if you can do this....volunteer, or "intern" somewhere using your IT
    skills. Potential employers like to see BOTH a sense of community
    involvement AS WELL AS some hard earned, real-world experience using your IT
    skills.
    As I'm certain you know the IT market here in the States id depressed...but
    , suppossedly on the upswing.
    Best of luck...try those job boards AND show off your IT skills wherever you
    can. The key is to "network".
    Welcome to the USA!!

    Tom (Irishguy), Mar 22, 2005
  5. Rene'

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Rene' climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Hey there guys.
    > I am a newly educated MCSA which is
    > starting to look for a job here in the United
    > States. I know that I am fresh to the game and
    > need to figure out what kind of jobs to look for
    > and appreciate every hint I can get it doing so.
    > Thanks!!!

    If you want a job in IT, forget about Monster or any of the job boards.
    Without expeience they won't ever even look at your resume. Check with
    local businesses like the cable company for help-desk positions, your local
    computer retailers might consider your as a repair/install tech. Check with
    installers and see if you can hire on to help pull cable, etc. Or do
    something else to get on with a company with the goal of eventually showing
    your worth and transferring to the IT dept.

    Good Luck.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Mar 22, 2005
  6. Rene'

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Frisbee® climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > JaR wrote:
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Rene' climbed on a soapbox &
    >> opined:
    >>
    >>> Hey there guys.
    >>> I am a newly educated MCSA which is
    >>> starting to look for a job here in the United
    >>> States. I know that I am fresh to the game and
    >>> need to figure out what kind of jobs to look for
    >>> and appreciate every hint I can get it doing so.
    >>> Thanks!!!

    >> If you want a job in IT, forget about Monster or any of the job
    >> boards. Without expeience they won't ever even look at your resume.

    > I've got 23 year's experience, and they don't look at my resume'
    > either.

    Heh. The people that the people on Monster are looking for, don't need
    to look on Monster for the jobs that the people on Monster are offering.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Mar 22, 2005
  7. Rene'

    T-Bone Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote
    > Heh. The people that the people on Monster are looking for, don't need
    > to look on Monster for the jobs that the people on Monster are offering.

    I recently had a debate with our local elected officials about that. They
    set up a site where business could advertise jobs available. Same issue as
    monster. Right now, its mainly full of ads for part time help at the local
    mall and the plethora of call centres (the customer services type, not
    technical) that have sprung up around here. Basically, the same companies
    that advertise in the local newspaper.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Mar 22, 2005