    like to learn a bit more about. However i work with 2003
    server. Any advice on whether this course would be of
    use.
    Larry, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Larry

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    news:2612001c461d6$58a68460
    > Is there a lot of difference between the Microsoft 2000
    > server and 2003. I have seen an Implementing Microsoft
    > Windows 2000 Professional and Server course for a very
    > competitive price, which covers many of a topics i would
    > like to learn a bit more about. However i work with 2003
    > server. Any advice on whether this course would be of
    > use.

    It's out of date, it's still in use - but you want your certs to be as in
    date as possible.

    If you aren't yet an MCP - take the Win2k Pro & Server exam. I have the
    Microsoft Course material too, but havne't taken the exam as I'm already an
    MCP.

    Study up on the newer stuff!

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*
    Liddle Feesh, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Hi Larry,

    Since you are working with Server 2003, there really isn't much sense to go after the 2000 course no matter how competitive the price may be. Pricing can sometimes be deceptive and blur our vision on what we have set out to achieve.

    Server 2000 and Server 2003 differs quite a bit in DNS, DHCP, certificates etc... that render one to work quite differently especially in the area of active directory and group policy. Unless you need to support Server 2000, you might as well forget about it. It is much easier to learn new stuff then to unlearn and relearn something similar.

    Hope this help.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jul 5, 2004