    (which assume some prior experience in NT or 2000) and
    suplement them with the free information here on
    microsoft.com. Any help or advice would be most welcomed.

    Moonleming, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Moonleming

    no Guest

    Stay with burger flippen ... its too late for IT.

    no, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Moonleming

    Crimson* Guest

    He's got a point. Paper techs (no experience, just a nice-new
    certification) aren't common place anymore. If you're serious about IT, I'd
    recommend getting your A+ first. The cert is aimed at entry-level techs.
    Then use that to look for an entry-level job as a tech somewhere like Best
    Buy, CompUSA, or a repair center. It's nothing glamorous, but you get
    actual experience. If you like the work (and can stomach dealing with
    end-users) after a few months, then think about an MCP and eventually
    MCSA/E. By the time you finish studying, preparing, and taking these tests
    you will have more experience where the combination of certs and experience
    can help to get a better job. Just don't expect to get rich in IT. I've
    been in the industry for 8 years and make a decent living, but like any job,
    enjoying your work (especially in the long run) is more important than
    money.

    Crimson*, Apr 4, 2004
  4. Moonleming

    SJ Guest

    I suggest you try the MCDST certification combined with a MCSA
    certification. you can take the two tests for MCDST and apply the
    certification as an elective for MCSA.

    Follow this up with a help desk job to get some experience. Based on
    your dedication and ability, you may be able to move up within, or use
    the experience you gain to move up another company.

    The comments about paper based certifications are worth listening to.
    Don't just take the tests to pass. Take the time to learn the
    material. While studying, load the operating systems, crash them,
    reload them. As your knowledge grows, create a network (even if only
    two computers with a simple hub) and play around.

    Experience gained from a home based network is valuable. Not quite as
    valuable as the real thing so you may not get the best salary to
    start, but your first goal is to break in.

    Good luck.

    SJ (MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD...)
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Apr 4, 2004
  5. Moonleming

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    great idea, if it only weren't for the fact that buddy heard there is $$$'s
    and $$$'s to be made in IT by just getting an MCSE. ;-(

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    -------------------------------

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 6, 2004
  6. Moonleming

    lucky Guest

    you subscribe. I'm Stuck at Internet News Server(NNTP)
    Create account. if you can help email-

    lucky, Apr 8, 2004
  7. Moonleming

    JaR Guest

    lucky opined, On 4/8/04 12:11 AM:

    >>.
    >>Hi, this is my first time looking at Newsgroup how do

    > you subscribe. I'm Stuck at Internet News Server(NNTP)
    > Create account. if you can help email-

    Why, exactly, are you trying to subscribe to _this_ NG?

    JaR
    Confused Thug

    JaR, Apr 8, 2004
  8. Moonleming

    Guest Guest

    Thanks that pretty much is my plan anyway. Everything you
    said is what I had in mind. Almost to the "T".

    Guest, Apr 17, 2004