    Anyone have any experience with this?

    Thanks,
    Tyler Cobb
    Tyler Cobb, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Tyler Cobb

    Tyler Cobb Guest

    Re: Security

    Ah, they have changed the requirements. Nice. Right in the middle of what I
    was doing. Great. Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+
    certification to the cross. Back in a few weekends... *sigh*

    Well, don't I feel smart. :(
    Tyler Cobb, Mar 13, 2008

  3. Tyler Cobb

    John R Guest

    Re: Security

    "Tyler Cobb" <> wrote in message
    > Ah, they have changed the requirements. Nice. Right in the middle of what
    > I was doing. Great. Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+
    > certification to the cross. Back in a few weekends... *sigh*
    >
    > Well, don't I feel smart. :(

    I don't believe anything has changed, as I remember there were always two
    security requirements for MCSA:S. They have updated the "look" of the page,
    but not the content.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/security/windowsserver2003.mspx

    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

    John R
    John R, Mar 13, 2008
  4. Tyler Cobb

    Tyler Cobb Guest

    Re: Security

    Ah, now I feel extra smart! lol Sorry to waste everyone's time.

    Tyler Cobb, Mar 13, 2008
  5. Tyler Cobb

    John R Guest

    Re: Security

    "Tyler Cobb" <> wrote in message
    > Ah, now I feel extra smart! lol Sorry to waste everyone's time.
    >
    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>> I don't believe anything has changed, as I remember there were always
    >>> two

    >> security requirements for MCSA:S. They have updated the "look" of the
    >> page, but not the content.
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/security/windowsserver2003.mspx
    >>
    >> I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
    >>
    >> John R

    Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a smart arse.
    Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll have it in no time.
    And... nice job so far :)

    John R
    John R, Mar 13, 2008
  6. Re: Security

    "Tyler Cobb" <> wrote in news:edLtb4ShIHA.5820
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+

    The good news is this is not a difficult certification at all to get.
    Red Swingline Stapler, Mar 13, 2008
  7. Tyler Cobb

    PAJ Guest

    Re: Security

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:21:22 -0700, Red Swingline Stapler
    <> wrote:

    >"Tyler Cobb" <> wrote in news:edLtb4ShIHA.5820
    >@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+

    >The good news is this is not a difficult certification at all to get.

    Just pricey.
    PAJ, Mar 13, 2008
  8. Re: Security

    PAJ <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:21:22 -0700, Red Swingline Stapler
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Tyler Cobb" <> wrote in news:edLtb4ShIHA.5820
    >>@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+

    >>The good news is this is not a difficult certification at all to get.

    > Just pricey.

    That's why you make the boss pay!
    Red Swingline Stapler, Mar 13, 2008
  9. Tyler Cobb

    B_All Guest

    Re: Security

    First, like many, I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been
    answered, but to clarify things. To have a complete MCSA with a Security
    specialization you would need: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, CompTIA Security+ and
    70-299.
    Is the above list accurate? I have achieved all of the above with the
    exception of 70-299 to date, and would like clarification if anyone knows for
    sure.

    --
    B_All

    B_All, Mar 20, 2008
  10. Tyler Cobb

    PAJ Guest

    Re: Security

    On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:30:00 -0700, B_All
    <> wrote:

    >First, like many, I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been
    >answered, but to clarify things. To have a complete MCSA with a Security
    >specialization you would need: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, CompTIA Security+ and
    >70-299.
    >Is the above list accurate? I have achieved all of the above with the
    >exception of 70-299 to date, and would like clarification if anyone knows for
    >sure.

    Yes, that will do it:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/security/windowsserver2003.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx
    PAJ, Mar 20, 2008
  11. On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:08:51 -0500, Tyler Cobb wrote:

    > Hey, since I have a background in networking, I chose to pursue the MCSA:
    > Security certification. I have passed the required exams which are 70-270,
    > 70-290, 70-291, and 70-299. My Microsoft transcript shows my certification
    > status as MCSA2003 but no mention of the security specialization. Does that
    > eventually get updated? How is the MCSA: Security certification visually
    > differenciated from other MCSA certifications, assuming it is since
    > Microsoft made such a big deal about it on their Learning website.
    >
    > Anyone have any experience with this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tyler Cobb

    hi, i'm too trying to get mcsa:security certificate, and with this 4 exams
    I must pass 70-350 or 70-351 (ISA server) exam
    Zydar B'tonsky, Mar 21, 2008