    Does anyone know this college? Is he wasting time? Job prospects? Wages ?
    Any advice I could give him?
    Many thanks
    Molecule, Aug 31, 2004

  2. begin On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:41:53 +0000, Molecule wrote:

    > A 33 year-old friend has decided to take up a career in IT in the UK (
    > never been employed by an IT firm before - average computer skills ). He's
    > just enrolled in this place http://www.ukittraining.com , wants to get an
    > MCSA qualification and the "guaranteed"? job promised by the college at
    > the end of the course.
    > Does anyone know this college? Is he wasting time? Job prospects? Wages ?
    > Any advice I could give him?
    > Many thanks

    I've read quite a few cases in UK groups where some companies won't employ
    people with MCSE or MCSA certs. They say they are only "paper" qualified &
    have no \practical/ experience. They actually had to have people clearing
    up after them! I saw someone ask in uk.adverts.computer about this, & it
    was met with a lot of negative responses. You could try asking there & see
    what happens.

    --
    SuSE 9.1 Pro 64bit
    linux 2.6.5-7.104 i686 athlon
    Perce P. Cassidy, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    "Perce P. Cassidy" <> wrote in message

    DAT file?
    Molecule, Sep 1, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    01 Sep 2004 00:13:01 +0100, "Perce P. Cassidy" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >begin On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:41:53 +0000, Molecule wrote:
    >
    >> A 33 year-old friend has decided to take up a career in IT in the UK (
    >> never been employed by an IT firm before - average computer skills ). He's
    >> just enrolled in this place http://www.ukittraining.com , wants to get an
    >> MCSA qualification and the "guaranteed"? job promised by the college at
    >> the end of the course.
    >> Does anyone know this college? Is he wasting time? Job prospects? Wages ?
    >> Any advice I could give him?
    >> Many thanks

    >I've read quite a few cases in UK groups where some companies won't employ
    >people with MCSE or MCSA certs. They say they are only "paper" qualified &
    >have no \practical/ experience. They actually had to have people clearing
    >up after them! I saw someone ask in uk.adverts.computer about this, & it
    >was met with a lot of negative responses. You could try asking there & see
    >what happens.

    An MCSE and an MCSA don't mean shit anymore when a fucking college
    geek with a degree in computer science has trouble getting a job.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    ?

    &
    > >have no \practical/ experience. They actually had to have people clearing
    > >up after them! I saw someone ask in uk.adverts.computer about this, & it
    > >was met with a lot of negative responses. You could try asking there &

    see
    > >what happens.

    > An MCSE and an MCSA don't mean shit anymore when a fucking college
    > geek with a degree in computer science has trouble getting a job.

    Thanks

    Molecule, Sep 1, 2004
  6. On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:21:14 +0000, Molecule wrote:

    > "Perce P. Cassidy" <> wrote in message
    >

    > DAT file?

    Nope, by simply putting "begin /space /space, it makes Outhosed Excess
    think there's an attachment. It's a bug M$ never fixed & can't be botherd
    to! Other newsreaders won't see any attachment.

    Perce P. Cassidy, Sep 1, 2004