MCSA path

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. After I am done with the 70-271 I am going for the MCSA for Windows 2000.
    It appears, according to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.mspx the 70-270 exam
    (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional) will be my first exam I take to achieve it. I feel like this
    wont be a hard test to pass considering all the studying i did on 271 and
    272. The material looks basically the same. Anybody have a used book?

    From there it looks like i'll take the 70-218 test. This looks the most
    beneficial to my company the fastest. I will probably take the 70-215 test
    last. That looks the most unimportant to me. Does anyone think I should take
    the 70-215 prior to taking the 70-218 with good reason? I need to go find a
    MCSA newsgroup to join also...

    I'll still come here but...

    --
    Keith Chilton, MCP
    Data Services Technician

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.
    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007

  2. The 70-215 test gave me some worries when I took it. Not sure why, but
    it almost did me in. But after the 215, I went and nailed the 218
    without an issue. I think you should stick with the 70-215 first.

    Also check my blog in the next hour and I will have a 15% discount code
    for the exams.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007

  3. the topics for the 2 tests look highly different! Are you saying your 215
    studying really prepped you for the 218 and i should stick to doing the 215
    first? i really want to do the 218 first! LOL

    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007
  4. I tried your promo code on your blog site Michael and it was invalid I
    copied and pasted it too :(

    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007
  5. I will check with Mitch concerning the code. As for the 215 verses the
    218, that is your call. :) I still stand by my first post! :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007
  6. Our domain server is win 2000 thus it's in my companys best interest that i
    get to know the server we use for our domain.

    Keith Chilton, Jan 31, 2007