    does an MCSE weigh in the field? Am i wasting m time if i
    go for the MCSA? Should I go for the big one? Please
    help, thanks in advance.

    crookiz, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Although the MCSE builds on the exams you'll take for the MCSA, Microsoft
    does consider these to be two seperate certifications. So time-wise, it is
    best to get the MCSA first and then go on for the MCSE. With your A+ and N+
    all you need is to do is pass 70-210, 70-215, and 70-218 and you are an
    MCSA. These 70-* exams also apply towards the MCSE.

    Oh, and you need to submit the form at
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/mcsa/signup_form.asp after you become
    an MCP.

    James D. Murray, Sep 3, 2003

  3. crookiz

    roYal Guest

    there are also, security and messaging mcse and mcsa exams. It'll take you
    longer then a regular mcse though. Also, especiall if you're planning on
    upgrading the the mcse2003. This could be a long time. Personally, over a
    course of a long time, i plan on getting mcsa/mcse in both security and
    messaging and upgrading them to 2k3. Will take a while though, but the
    knowledge after will be worth it.

    roYal, Sep 4, 2003