    so I had to settle for a factory job. Well to my question. going for my
    certs without experience will that help the find a job in the IT field? Help
    needed on this matter. peyton
    zsystems-lan, Oct 16, 2006

  2. zsystems-lan

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "zsystems-lan" <> did cause the

    > Well I've graduated from a computer tech school about 2yrs ago, with a
    > systems/network degree. Nobody was looking or they wanted more
    > experience. so I had to settle for a factory job. Well to my question.
    > going for my certs without experience will that help the find a job in
    > the IT field? Help needed on this matter. peyton

    Problem nowadays is that every's got certs. All certs will do is get your
    resume past HR. The way you can stand out from the crowd is experience.
    Even if you have to volunteer some time somewhere, it would help.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Oct 16, 2006

  3. zsystems-lan

    Hans Guest

    "zsystems-lan" <> schreef in bericht
    > Well I've graduated from a computer tech school about 2yrs ago, with a
    > systems/network degree. Nobody was looking or they wanted more experience.
    > so I had to settle for a factory job. Well to my question. going for my
    > certs without experience will that help the find a job in the IT field?
    > Help needed on this matter. peyton

    Have you tried applying for helpdesk jobs?
    Those 1st line customer support helpdesk kind of jobs ( "yes you can click
    okay now with your left mouse button" ) should be easy to get if you're
    mcsa/mcse

    But.. everyone can learn a testking out of his head these days, I worked at
    helpdesk where a guy who just came out of school with no experience was
    already mcse2003+ccna certified.
    Hans, Oct 16, 2006
  4. zsystems-lan

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    "zsystems-lan" <> wrote in message
    > Well I've graduated from a computer tech school about 2yrs ago, with a
    > systems/network degree. Nobody was looking or they wanted more experience.
    > so I had to settle for a factory job. Well to my question. going for my
    > certs without experience will that help the find a job in the IT field?
    > Help needed on this matter. peyton

    I've got to add to TBone's comment that Paper Certifications mean absolutely
    nothing. Even if you do get past the HR filters, it's only a matter of time
    before the bosses figure out that you don't know hardly anything that your
    resume says you do. Falsifying documents in the US is a terminatable (if
    that's a word) offense.
    BD [MCNGP], Oct 17, 2006
  5. zsystems-lan

    lassic Guest

    BD [MCNGP] wrote:
    > "zsystems-lan" <> wrote in message
    >> Well I've graduated from a computer tech school about 2yrs ago, with a
    >> systems/network degree. Nobody was looking or they wanted more
    >> experience. so I had to settle for a factory job. Well to my question.
    >> going for my certs without experience will that help the find a job in
    >> the IT field? Help needed on this matter. peyton

    They won't hurt at least they'll give you a chance. Not familiar
    with mcsa or mcse enough to recommend, its been awhile since I looked
    into them.
    Even now apply for every job opening and post your resume on the
    numerous online jobsites and see what happens, so what if you don't have
    more experience. If you get a bite from the numerous tries you'll gain
    experience from the interview and can ask what is needed. The job won't
    come to you, you have to go get it.

    good luck
    lassic, Oct 17, 2006