    Scott Guest

    I want to add this newsgroup to Outlook Newsgroups. How
    is this done?
    Scott, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Scott

    JaR Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:075d01c3bdff$e3422960$...
    > I want to add this newsgroup to Outlook Newsgroups. How
    > is this done?

    Look at the top of the toolbar. See where it says 'Help'?

    Click there with your mouse.

    HTH, HAND

    JaR
    MCNGP#....................................42
    JaR, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Scott

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Click there with your mouse.

    I can hear him, but I can never find him. I've seen him just a couple
    times, scampering across the kitchen floor. If I were to catch him, would I
    hold him up to the screen in front of the "Help" item?
    Thanks for your help and patience with the newbie!

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Scott

    JaR Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    >If I were to catch him, would I
    > hold him up to the screen in front of the >"Help" item?

    Yes.

    > Thanks for your help and patience with the >newbie!

    No problem.

    Oh, BTW, peanut butter is beter than cheese for catching the pesky lil'
    critters.

    Always glad to be of assistance.

    JaR
    MCNGP#.................................42
    JaR, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Scott

    Brian Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote
    > I want to add this newsgroup to Outlook Newsgroups. How
    > is this done?

    People here seem to be assuming you are already reading this group from a
    newsreader, which I guess you are not.

    Best way is to add the Microsoft news server (news.microsoft.com) to your
    news accounts in Outlook.
    Brian, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Scott

    Brian Guest

    Correction, that's msnews.microsoft.com
    Brian, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Scott

    JaR Guest

    "Brian" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > Correction, that's msnews.microsoft.com

    Brian, the OP stated that he wanted to add it to 'Outlook Newsgroups'

    BTW either of the servers you posted will work.

    JaR
    JaR, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Scott

    Brian Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote
    > Brian, the OP stated that he wanted to add it to 'Outlook Newsgroups'

    So, doesn't what I said work for that? Or did leaving off the words
    newsgroups confuse you? At least I tried to give a reasonable answer unlike
    other people here who just make jokes.
    Brian, Dec 12, 2003
  9. Scott

    JaR Guest

    "Brian" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > So, doesn't what I said work for that? Or did >leaving off the words
    > newsgroups confuse you?
    >At least I tried to
    >give a reasonable answer unlike
    > other people here who just make jokes.

    He *knows* about Outlook Newsgroups, Brian. He just cant figure out how to
    add this group. I pointed him to the 'Help' button.

    Oh, sorry, perhaps you were also one who was unable to use this little known
    feature, and needed assistance as well. In that case, I commend you for
    passing on the knowledge.

    JaR
    JaR, Dec 12, 2003