MCSA Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by sabimy, May 19, 2007.

  1. sabimy

    sabimy Guest

    I have on question you about exam 70-620 is the Core exams or Elective exams
    Please give me full information for these exam
    Because I need complete my certificate MCSA & MCSE
    sabimy, May 19, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. sabimy

    Micro Guest

    On May 19, 2:17 pm, sabimy <> wrote:
    > I have on question you about exam 70-620 is the Core exams or Elective exams
    > Please give me full information for these exam
    > Because I need complete my certificate MCSA & MCSE


    It's a Core exam for client Operating system.

    Try this link for more information.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

    Micro
    Micro, May 20, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. sabimy

    Mike Cavel Guest

    Beware -- Microsoft evidently didn't pass things along to everyone. I have
    passed 290,291,292,620 and used my A+ and Network+ for my elective. This
    should get me MCSA right?
    Not according to my 'official' transcript
    I have a MCP and a MCTS.
    I thought the Certification Planner was just out of date after everything
    else I found on Microsoft sites, guess I was wrong.

    "Micro" wrote:

    > On May 19, 2:17 pm, sabimy <> wrote:
    > > I have on question you about exam 70-620 is the Core exams or Elective exams
    > > Please give me full information for these exam
    > > Because I need complete my certificate MCSA & MCSE

    >
    > It's a Core exam for client Operating system.
    >
    > Try this link for more information.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
    >
    > Micro
    >
    >
    Mike Cavel, May 22, 2007
    #3
  4. "Mike Cavel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Beware -- Microsoft evidently didn't pass things along to everyone. I have
    > passed 290,291,292,620 and used my A+ and Network+ for my elective. This
    > should get me MCSA right?
    > Not according to my 'official' transcript
    > I have a MCP and a MCTS.
    > I thought the Certification Planner was just out of date after everything
    > else I found on Microsoft sites, guess I was wrong.


    My read is that you met the 3 core exams with 290, 291, and 620, leaving 292
    as your elective -- but 292 isn't listed as an elective for the MCSA.

    Or, if you meant for 620 to be your elective, you are short an exam for the
    core requirements, since 292 isn't a core exam for the MCSA.

    You can't use 620 as both the core and the elective.

    The good news, however, is that if you are working toward your MCSE, 292
    will count for that. I took 2 exams to satisfy the single elective for my
    MCSA, and that elective doesn't count towards my MCSE.

    I'm quite irritated, but only with myself. Apparently, "Reading
    Comprehension" is a necessary skill for MCSE's.
    Michael D. Hensley, May 22, 2007
    #4
  5. sabimy

    catwalker63 Guest

    Mike Cavel piffled away vaguely:

    > Beware -- Microsoft evidently didn't pass things along to everyone. I have
    > passed 290,291,292,620 and used my A+ and Network+ for my elective. This
    > should get me MCSA right?
    > Not according to my 'official' transcript
    > I have a MCP and a MCTS.
    > I thought the Certification Planner was just out of date after everything
    > else I found on Microsoft sites, guess I was wrong.
    >


    70-292 is an upgrade exam to upgrade you from MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003,
    so I'm pretty confused as to why you would take that. Also, how long
    has it been since you completed the other exams? Did you connect
    the two transcripts so your CompTIA certs show up on your MS
    transcript?



    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    www.mcngp.com
    "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
    catwalker63, May 22, 2007
    #5
  6. Ignore EVERYTHING I posted earlier in response to Mike's question. I
    mis-read Mike's post severaly different ways.

    Move along, there's nothing more to see here.

    *Sigh*


    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Mike Cavel piffled away vaguely:
    >
    >> Beware -- Microsoft evidently didn't pass things along to everyone. I
    >> have
    >> passed 290,291,292,620 and used my A+ and Network+ for my elective. This
    >> should get me MCSA right?
    >> Not according to my 'official' transcript
    >> I have a MCP and a MCTS.
    >> I thought the Certification Planner was just out of date after everything
    >> else I found on Microsoft sites, guess I was wrong.
    >>

    >
    > 70-292 is an upgrade exam to upgrade you from MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003,
    > so I'm pretty confused as to why you would take that. Also, how long
    > has it been since you completed the other exams? Did you connect
    > the two transcripts so your CompTIA certs show up on your MS
    > transcript?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
    >
    Michael D. Hensley, May 22, 2007
    #6
  7. sabimy

    Mike Cavel Guest

    I meant to type 293 instead of 292, my fingers got ahead of my mind. I have
    linked my A+ and Network + so they show up in my MS transcript for my
    elective. I am working towards my MCSE the old fashion way, going on
    experience using the products and not just studying practice test questions,
    just kind of steamed about conflicting documentation from Microsoft.

    "Michael D. Hensley" wrote:

    > Ignore EVERYTHING I posted earlier in response to Mike's question. I
    > mis-read Mike's post severaly different ways.
    >
    > Move along, there's nothing more to see here.
    >
    > *Sigh*
    >
    >
    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Mike Cavel piffled away vaguely:
    > >
    > >> Beware -- Microsoft evidently didn't pass things along to everyone. I
    > >> have
    > >> passed 290,291,292,620 and used my A+ and Network+ for my elective. This
    > >> should get me MCSA right?
    > >> Not according to my 'official' transcript
    > >> I have a MCP and a MCTS.
    > >> I thought the Certification Planner was just out of date after everything
    > >> else I found on Microsoft sites, guess I was wrong.
    > >>

    > >
    > > 70-292 is an upgrade exam to upgrade you from MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003,
    > > so I'm pretty confused as to why you would take that. Also, how long
    > > has it been since you completed the other exams? Did you connect
    > > the two transcripts so your CompTIA certs show up on your MS
    > > transcript?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Catwalker
    > > MCNGP #43
    > > www.mcngp.com
    > > "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
    > >

    >
    Mike Cavel, May 23, 2007
    #7
  8. sabimy

    catwalker63 Guest

    Mike Cavel piffled away vaguely:

    > I meant to type 293 instead of 292, my fingers got ahead of my mind. I have
    > linked my A+ and Network + so they show up in my MS transcript for my
    > elective. I am working towards my MCSE the old fashion way, going on
    > experience using the products and not just studying practice test questions,
    > just kind of steamed about conflicting documentation from Microsoft.
    >

    You still haven't stated when you finished the requirements for MCSA.
    It can take a while before the new cert appears. If it has been a
    long time, contact to get it straightened out.

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    www.mcngp.com
    "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
    catwalker63, May 23, 2007
    #8
  9. sabimy

    catwalker63 Guest

    Michael D. Hensley piffled away vaguely:

    > Ignore EVERYTHING I posted earlier in response to Mike's question. I
    > mis-read Mike's post severaly different ways.
    >
    > Move along, there's nothing more to see here.
    >
    > *Sigh*
    >

    Don't worry about it. The numbers start to swim in front of your eyes
    after a while.

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    www.mcngp.com
    "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
    catwalker63, May 23, 2007
    #9
  10. sabimy

    Mike Cavel Guest

    I passed 620 on friday and the mcts cert showed up on my transcript today. I
    sent an email to mcphelp today along with the link
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx, which
    states that 620 is a client exam as well as a copy of my transcript. Let's
    hope they get it straightened out. My boss wants me to apply for my MCT asap.


    "catwalker63" wrote:

    > Mike Cavel piffled away vaguely:
    >
    > > I meant to type 293 instead of 292, my fingers got ahead of my mind. I have
    > > linked my A+ and Network + so they show up in my MS transcript for my
    > > elective. I am working towards my MCSE the old fashion way, going on
    > > experience using the products and not just studying practice test questions,
    > > just kind of steamed about conflicting documentation from Microsoft.
    > >

    > You still haven't stated when you finished the requirements for MCSA.
    > It can take a while before the new cert appears. If it has been a
    > long time, contact to get it straightened out.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
    >
    >
    Mike Cavel, May 23, 2007
    #10
  11. sabimy

    catwalker63 Guest

    Mike Cavel piffled away vaguely:

    > I passed 620 on friday and the mcts cert showed up on my transcript today. I
    > sent an email to mcphelp today along with the link
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx, which
    > states that 620 is a client exam as well as a copy of my transcript. Let's
    > hope they get it straightened out. My boss wants me to apply for my MCT asap.
    >
    >

    OK, that's the information I was trying to get at. It can take a week
    for the transcript to update to show an earned cert. Contacting
    mcphelp may speed it along but you (and your employer) may need to be
    a little patient. ;)

    From Frequently Asked Questions About Certification Status

    Q. I just passed an exam, but it doesn't show up on my transcript.
    How long will it take for my transcript to be updated?
    A. It can take one to two weeks for Microsoft to receive and process
    your exam records. If your transcript does not list an exam you have
    taken, please wait at least two weeks after your exam date before
    contacting customer support at . Thank you for
    your patience.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/status.mspx

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    www.mcngp.com
    "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."
    catwalker63, May 23, 2007
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Karthik Ragavan
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    565
    Karthik Ragavan
    Aug 17, 2005
  2. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,332
  3. loyola
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,550
    Cerebrus
    Nov 14, 2006
  4. Archana Surve-Ghosalkar

    MCSA on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification

    Archana Surve-Ghosalkar, Aug 29, 2003, in forum: MCSA
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    305
    Archana Surve-Ghosalkar
    Aug 29, 2003
  5. Archana Surve-Ghosalkar

    MCSA on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification

    Archana Surve-Ghosalkar, Aug 29, 2003, in forum: MCSA
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    304
    sachin
    Sep 3, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page