MCSA Messaging

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Loz, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. Loz

    Loz Guest

    Hi,

    I am currently studying MCDST, but am looking at studying
    for the MCSA next year.

    My first question is, is it going to be worth studying
    for MCSA 2003 in 2006 when Longhorn is due mid 2006? Am I
    better off waiting til the new Longhorn MCSA exams
    appear. My workplace use mainly Netware servers so it is
    not as if I require MCSA 2003 specifically...

    However...eventually the IT MD wants to move to a Windows
    based solution in the next few years so I am trying to
    pre-empt that! I am interested in doing the MCSA
    Messaging, as again, at the moment we have a Novell IMAP
    email system, which will be replaced by Exchange
    eventually...

    However the exam 70-284: Implementing and Managing
    Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 requires that the student
    should have one year of implementing and managing a
    Exchange organization... how am I to get around this??

    Thanks

    Loz, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Well Longhorn isn't replacing Server 2003 it's replacing Windows XP. With
    that aside it is worth it. The certification doesn't expire and you should
    have the opportunity to upgrade to the next version when it comes out.As for
    the requirement for 284 you can take the exam if you pay for it prior
    experience or not. You could even take it if you didn't study. I don't
    recommend either, however I might recommend getting a copy of Exchange trial
    version and learning it. As well in your case with no prior "hands-on"
    experience I might recommend after your MCSA is done and you want to go for
    the Messaging...take the MOC class 2400 for Exchange.

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 23, 2005

  3. Loz

    Loz Guest

    Well actually, there will be a Longhorn server component
    released in 2007..

    http://www.microsoft-
    watch.com/article2/0,1995,1640454,00.asp

    Just one example...

    inches/second

    Loz, Jan 24, 2005
  4. That's BlackBomb not Longhorn

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 24, 2005
  5. "Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)" <Stephen Charles Rea
    (MCT)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > That's BlackBomb not Longhorn
    >
    > --
    > "The Rev"
    > Microsoft Certified Trainer

    According to most reports available to the public on the web, Longhorn is to
    have a server component shortly after the desktop release and Blackcomb is
    pushed back to something like 2011 (!!!!)

    http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/longhorn.asp

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP