    to take that?

    Thanks,

    Shane

    Shane Higgs, Jan 26, 2010

  2. Shane Higgs

    John R Guest

    "Shane Higgs" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am planning on taking my 70-270 in the near future as part of my
    >progression towards MCSA.
    > I noticed that this exam appears as a possible requirement under the
    > electives section for botht eh MCSA and MCSE. I am wondering; If I were to
    > pass this exam, could I then use that pass towards not only the MCSA but
    > the MCSE also?
    >
    > Or would I have to select a different elective as part of the MCSE if I
    > were to take that?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Shane

    A single test, once passed, is good for life and may be used for multiple
    certifications as long as it is listed as a requirement, and the certificate
    is still current. However, a single test may not be used as multiple
    elements for the same certificate, ie. you cannot use 70-620 as both the
    client and general elective for MCSE.

    So, to answer your question, yes, you may use 70-270 for both MCSA and MCSE.

    You'll note that both MCSA and MCSE require 70-290 and 70-291. You'll only
    have to pass each of those once as well.

    John R.

    John R, Jan 27, 2010